Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5S cannot receive texts from Three customers

• 18-03-2014 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

I have an iPhone 5S, my network is Meteor.
    My phone cannot receive texts from any number on Three.
    I receive texts from all other networks just fine.
    I've tried a new SIM, didn't help, tried resetting the phone and setting it up as a new phone, some texts came through as iMessages but some didn't. Restoring it to a backup didn't help either.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Truly bizarre. Is it all Three customers you can't receive from? I'd call Meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Zcott wrote: »
    Truly bizarre. Is it all Three customers you can't receive from? I'd call Meteor.

Yep, all Three customers. Meteor gave me a new SIM but it didn't help. Apple suggested wiping to factory settings but it didn't help and now they want me to pay 35 euro for another chat/call session with them :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

If you are certain its only Three network users then the problem is with Meteor. Ring them and say you've tried a sim swap but it hasn't fixed the issue. It must be something to do with you're account. Did you change networks recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

dave oc wrote: »
    If you are certain its only Three network users then the problem is with Meteor. Ring them and say you've tried a sim swap but it hasn't fixed the issue. It must be something to do with you're account. Did you change networks recently?

No, been on Meteor since before Xmas so it's been a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Id say contact meteor so. If there is no known issues with the Meteor network at the moment, it must be an issue with your account. I used to work in the a phone store and heard of this issue a lot. Most times its a issue with that specific account, and depending on the network technical support can look into it and refresh some settings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

This happened before to me when I was with Three.
    Couldn't send or received texts or receive calls to/from certain Tesco Mobile numbers. Three swore blue in the face it wasn't them......it was. the account hadn't been "provisioned" properly. Same thing happened then with eMobile. Same rigmarole, 3 denied it was them again, changed something again, and it worked.

Advertisement