Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much for pet cremation?

• 18-03-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

anyone know how much this would cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Is this for individual cremation?
    If so, it depends on the size of the pet. If I recall correctly, it cost me about €200, perhaps a little more, for my Westie to be cremated, and €330 for my German Shepherd. I hope this gives you some insight into what you might expect to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

It depends on the weight of the pet, the heavier they are the more it costs, and also if you opt for a private cremation (get the ashes back) as opposed to a group cremation where the ashes aren't returned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭snoman

shadowgirl wrote: »
    anyone know how much this would cost?

I haven't, happily, had to go through this process but you'll find the info Here. Hope it helps. The price info is within the thread.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057090667/1/#post87684941

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Although it's a few years old, this will give you a rough guide of what one company charges. The basic cremation package normally includes either a scatter tube or tribute box.

20zz6up.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I had one of my brothers cats privately cremated about a year ago. As far as I recall it was almost 200 euro, the other option was about 60 euro I think. Never easy to say goodbye:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

All Depends on the weight/ breed , i got my old Alsatian done and returned in a wooden casket (about e290 i think ) , its beautiful and will always know he's close by me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I used paw prints cremation in Meath
    Glen is a nice guy and very professional
    Highly reccomend him

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Anywhere in Limerick, or nearby, that does that does pet cremations? Don't think I need worry just now, but for future info ... hastily covering pets' ears/eyes ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

anniehoo wrote: »
    Although it's a few years old, this will give you a rough guide of what one company charges. The basic cremation package normally includes either a scatter tube or tribute box.

20zz6up.png

What value does the vet add to the service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I had my great dane put to sleep recently and his cremation cost €380.

• Advertisement

RainyDay wrote: »

None that I've heard of. My guess is that the price includes whatever allowance the vet gets from the cremation company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

RainyDay wrote: »

As in what do they add on financially themselves? It depends on the vet and what company they deal with. The prices above are divided into what the crematorium charges the vet (practice tariff) and what the average RRP is, or what the vet should charge the client. Some pass it on, some dont. There's a small amount of admin to be done and then there's storage (refrigeration) of the body before collection so in all honesty some vets charge it like any other "service" they provide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

iora_rua wrote: »
    Anywhere in Limerick, or nearby, that does that does pet cremations? Don't think I need worry just now, but for future info ... hastily covering pets' ears/eyes ... ;)

Any of the vets in Limerick will take in your pet for cremation and the crematorium will collect your pet's remains from the vet. You can opt for group cremation or if you prefer, individual cremation, in which case the ashes will be returned to you. You needn't necessarily be a client of the practice to have them look after the cremation for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

When I checked this out before I think there are only 2 places in Ireland - Meath and Kerry. The Kerry one has been around longer but going through my vet it would take a week before I would get the ashes back. The Meath one is located closer to me so I can drive there and collect the ashes on the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

It cost us €150 - this inculded having the dog put to sleep and individual cremation (he was 10.5kg). There were a choice of boxes to have the ashes put in and we got them back in about a week. We went through our vet. A person I know had their Briard put to sleep, and had the same type of cremation, and this cost them €300.

odckdo wrote: »
    When I checked this out before I think there are only 2 places in Ireland - Meath and Kerry. The Kerry one has been around longer but going through my vet it would take a week before I would get the ashes back. The Meath one is located closer to me so I can drive there and collect the ashes on the same day.

There's one in Belfast too, I've had two dogs individually cremated there.
    I do like the idea of being able to collect the ashes the same day though. For various reasons Meath wasn't an option for me when my dogs died, but it is closer (I think it's near Trim, is it?) and I'll certainly be investigating this option, hopefully not any time soon though!

Advertisement