Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colleges that provide courses not on CAO

Options
  • 18-03-2014 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hello Dubliners!

I tries posting this in college forum but realised will have more of a chance posting here!

I'm looking for courses not on the CAO that you can do in Dublin level 6/7/8. For e.g. Journalism in Rathmines is a great course but pretty unheard of, I only know about it through a friend doing it. I'm looking for courses that accept grants. So if anyone could recommend some colleges and courses to look up that would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

You can browse PLC courses (post leaving cert) by county & by college through

http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=194

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

You can browse PLC courses (post leaving cert) by county & by college through

http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=194

Didn't realise they had all the colleges listed under plc thank you very much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

arf91 wrote: »
    Hello Dubliners!

I tries posting this in college forum but realised will have more of a chance posting here!

I'm looking for courses not on the CAO that you can do in Dublin level 6/7/8. For e.g. Journalism in Rathmines is a great course but pretty unheard of, I only know about it through a friend doing it. I'm looking for courses that accept grants. So if anyone could recommend some colleges and courses to look up that would be great. Thanks!

I've definitely heard of Rathmines. It was/is probably one of the better known, non university colleges, in Dublin. When I was of college going age, Rathmines was the place to go to if you wanted to do Journalism, PR, Advertising, or some specific aspect of business studies, that wasn't really covered in the 4 years degree courses offered by the traditional colleges and universities.

Even thought it wasn't part of the CAO system and it didn't require points, it still wasn't all that easy to get into. I don't know if that has changed, but I imagine most employers have heard of it and its courses, in case you are worried about having an unheard of college course on your CV someday.

Advertisement