Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Car Recommnendations

Options
  • 18-03-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Soon I will have 3 toddlers under 3years and need to upgrade the car. Can anyone recommend a car that can take 3 car seats in the back or give me some pointers on questions to ask etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Do you need to upgrade the car, or do you just need seat space?
    http://www.multimac.co.uk/home is an option.
    Few saloons can take 3 car seats at the back, it really does depend on the brand of car seat though. Is changing the 3 car seats a cheaper option?

In terms of people movers, I have Toyota Corolla Verso. Does the job comfortably.
    With all 7 seats up, there is zero boot space. The renault megane grand scenic has more space. Search the motors section. I've seen the opel zafira mentioned several times also, and I think a volvo v70, if it has to be a estate.
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 glmos

Thank you, I will look into those options. Much appreciated

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We find the Ford Galaxy great for 3 but ours only has 2 iso fix points which is a bit of a pain but even now with the car all ready for #4 we have enough boot space for a single and double buggy and a changing bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 schoolhouse

We have a Toyota Verso (seven seater), we had to upgrade when number three arrived.
    We searched for a long time to find a regular saloon that would fit three seats across the backseat but they all have the same problem, Bucket seats.
    The Verso has three independent seats which is great and big boot for buggies and shopping. The boot is small if you need the extra two seats but we rarely need all seven so we can juggle things around and fit everything.
    Happy hunting

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

We've a renault grand scenic and found it very good. 3 individual seats in the back so you can have 3 baby seats (two definitely isofix, not sure about the middle seat but all have 3 point belts), and another 2 in the boot. When the seats in the boot are down you've got tonnes of room for buggies/pets etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

I really didn't want a 7 seater so I went with a 307 SW which has 3 individual seats in back. There is also 2 removable seats that can go in back.

I like the look of the 5008.

Problem with a lot of 7 seaters is they are actually only 6.5 seaters so you always need one of the third row seats.

I have also heard good things about the honda FRV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Another vote for Renault Grand Scenic here. Lots of space & takes 3 car seats in back

Advertisement