Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to open an account without the PPS number?

Options
  • 18-03-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I'll arrive on Galway on a Thursday, I would like to speed things up as I'll be joining my future company on the next Monday. Is there a way to open an account without having the PPS number (which, afaik takes 3 to 5 days).

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi bahamut88,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards. 

For opening a current account, you do not need a PPS number. However it would be necessary for opening a deposit account. 

Please contact the branch you wish to open the account in to arrange for an appointment. You can find contact details for your nearest branch here
    Please note that you will need to bring with you photo ID such as a current Passport or Driving License and also proof of address such as a utility bill or a statement from another financial institution. 

For further clarification on applying to open a current account, please see here

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭bahamut88

Thanks for your fast reply.
    As I won't have a stable address either (at least for the first week), would it be ok to open it by bringing with me the contract I have with the Company?

Thanks,
    Rino

Hi Rino,

Generally, you would need a proof of address to open an account. If you mention it to the representative when you are making the appointment that you do not at present have proof of this, they may be able to advise you of any alternative documents you can use to open the account. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭bahamut88

Hello again Sarah,
    last question, would it make any difference if I deposit around 1000 euros? I really want to sort it our asap.

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi bahamut88,[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]The amount you deposit into your new account would not have an affect on the opening of the account.  [/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Sarah[/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement