Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good place to eat a healthy sandwich, not too much expensive?

Options
  • 18-03-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Any good place to eat an healty sandwiche, not too much expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

Mccambridges - shop street, my personal favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Make it a your house, and eat it in Eyre Square! Definitely not expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

Mixtgreens down beside Whitehall medical centre is tasty and they do gluten free bread too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

There's a new cafe right at the corner of eyre square (beside CEX) that's does a SAVAGE chicken fillet sandwich on some kinda sexy brown bread. Love it, love it, love it!

Subway in Galway shopping center sometimes have alright deals. Centra do a decent baguette. Morton's beside Texaco in Salthill have lovely ingredients, a few filling stations do quality sambos now (the one beside the Pilo hotel have lovely triple grain baguettes).

Maccambridges are definitely delicious too. Awkward spot to get to by car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Any good place to eat an healty sandwiche, not too much expensive?

Gourmet tart on abbey gate st... Amazing healthy wraps at only3.80

• Advertisement

Skittlemon wrote: »
    Mixtgreens down beside Whitehall medical centre is tasty and they do gluten free bread too :)

Tasty, yes, but small quantitles for the price. I think you get better value for money from their other dishes.

McCambridges and Gourmet Tart do make/sell great sandwiches, but the OP asked for a place to eat a sandwich, not to buy one. McCambridges have seating, but it's up in the restaurant part, and not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Anton's on fr griffin rd do great sambos. Delight in the kingfisher also yum. Neither cheap as chips but good value for what u get IMO agree with mccambridges...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Tasty, yes, but small quantitles for the price. I think you get better value for money from their other dishes.

McCambridges and Gourmet Tart do make/sell great sandwiches, but the OP asked for a place to eat a sandwich, not to buy one. McCambridges have seating, but it's up in the restaurant part, and not cheap.

Theyve seating outside, could easily buy a coffee and eat there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Define healthy.

Not Subway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

There's a new cafe right at the corner of eyre square (beside CEX) that's does a SAVAGE chicken fillet sandwich on some kinda sexy brown bread. Love it, love it, love it!

Is this where Abrakebabra was and then the ill fated noodlle bar?

What is the new place called and when did it open? Is it a coffee shop type place? I haven't passed by in a while.

Must go in for a look!

aw wrote: »
    Is this where Abrakebabra was and then the ill fated noodlle bar?

What is the new place called and when did it open? Is it a coffee shop type place? I haven't passed by in a while.

Must go in for a look!

Same spot yes, its not new, has been there for at least a year now. Its Cafe Express.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As OBumble said, the best sandwich is the one you make at home.
    Lots of veggies and no fatty sauce.

I like Quiznos, not particularly healthy but tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

As above, Gourmet Tart at €3.80 you can't beat. McCambridge's is lovely, the pepperslaw in a wrap is really nice.

Also, Revive - across from Neachtain's - do a nice wrap and have upstairs for a bit of people watching out the window. Generally pretty quiet. Bit pricier though.

I like Food for Thought, just before Gourmet Tart. Do a lovely bacon and sausage bap, though mightn't be the healthiest!

Mixed Greens is nice in theory, but some of their ingredients are a bit strange. Curried chickpeas is not something I want in a sandwich. Also, they can be a bit stingy with the crisps on the side. People in there are lovely though.

Never checked Anton's, must stroll out that far someday. I always end up in Boojum when I get out that far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Had a sambo at gourmet tart at the weekend. The lack of fillings were a joke. Was meant to be turkey and stuffing but that wasn't even enough in there for a half sandwich. Before anyone asks, yes I did send it back. Disappointed tho. Subway may be the fast food of sandwiches, but at least they heap in the fillings to make it a proper meal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Luck's, used to be McIsaacs on bridge street, just down from Kellys bar is worth a look.. If the weather is any way good you've the grass along canal to sit and enjoy yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

37 west are all about the healthy but their prices are steep.

Cafe express is the bomb!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Same spot yes, its not new, has been there for at least a year now. Its Cafe Express.

Ah yes of course, apologies!

It has indeed been there for some time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭superglue

37 West have a decent takeaway deal. €5 soup and sandwich does the trick. The fillings are of good quality and the portions are generous, and having jalapenos as an option is always a plus in my book. Can't say I've been so pleased when I've sat in, and the service can be found wanting at times, but I can put up with that when I'm just ordering to go.

As an aside, their "healthy is the new sexy" slogan makes me cringe. Comes across as a bit try-hard or something. Again, they do have jalapenos though.

Where's 37 West?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

newkie wrote: »
    Had a sambo at gourmet tart at the weekend. The lack of fillings were a joke. Was meant to be turkey and stuffing but that wasn't even enough in there for a half sandwich. Before anyone asks, yes I did send it back. Disappointed tho. Subway may be the fast food of sandwiches, but at least they heap in the fillings to make it a proper meal.

They're prepacked sambos are def not worth it but during the week the deli counter is deadly and they stuff them well

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Where's 37 West?

Newcastle opposite petrol station at start of new bridge..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where's 37 West?
    www.facebook.com/37westgalway

superglue wrote: »
    37 West have a decent takeaway deal. €5 soup and sandwich does the trick. The fillings are of good quality and the portions are generous, and having jalapenos as an option is always a plus in my book. Can't say I've been so pleased when I've sat in, and the service can be found wanting at times, but I can put up with that when I'm just ordering to go.

As an aside, their "healthy is the new sexy" slogan makes me cringe. Comes across as a bit try-hard or something. Again, they do have jalapenos though.

They are very much style over substance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Newcastle opposite petrol station at start of new bridge..

That's the old Spud House right? I loved that Spud House.

Advertisement