Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non drying purple shampoo

• 18-03-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recommendations for a purple toned shampoo that doesn't completely dry hair out?

I've used Joico Color Endure which tones well but turns my hair into straw no matter what masque I use afterwards. I've found Goldwell Dualsenses less drying but also less toning. Pureology Perfect4Platinum leaves my hair in good condition, but is light blue rather than purple and seems to make my hair brassier.

Has anyone tried Schwarzkopf Bonacure Color Freeze Silver Shampoo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Have you tried the John Frieda one? The Pro:voke purple shampoo is good but it dried my hair out a bit, the John Frieda one didn't dry it out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Lush do one (or used to) called Daddy-O that is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Sorry to intrude. Are these the ones that make hair a lighter blonde?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Sorry to intrude. Are these the ones that make hair a lighter blonde?

Yes and to tone the brassiness/orange colour blonde hair goes between colouring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

I used Loreal Professional Expert Silver.

Bloomin' amazing.
    sunbeam wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a purple toned shampoo that doesn't completely dry hair out?

I've used Joico Color Endure which tones well but turns my hair into straw no matter what masque I use afterwards. I've found Goldwell Dualsenses less drying but also less toning. Pureology Perfect4Platinum leaves my hair in good condition, but is light blue rather than purple and seems to make my hair brassier.

Has anyone tried Schwarzkopf Bonacure Color Freeze Silver Shampoo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Thanks everyone. I've since found mixing the Goldwell and Joico shampoos together with a few drops of Pureology Precious oil helps a lot, but will check out all of the suggestions here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I got a gigantic bottle of the Bonacure silver colour freeze shampoo on TK Maxx last week. I was using the normal sized bottle and found it great but it was expensive so I didn't use it all the time. The big bottle was only €20 though!

I use it with the Penney's Argan Oil conditioner with a dash of purple dye in it and it keeps my hair lovely and soft, while getting rid of yellow tones.

I found the John Frieda purple shampoo did nothing for my hair, and left it in a fairly crap condition.

Advertisement