Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Arrears

Options
  • 18-03-2014 3:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4

Hey all

Ive fallen 1 month into arrears with my mortgage , first missed repayment in 7 years

Made redundant jan 13 , ive used my redundancy to pay the mortgage since , but its gone now and to make matters worse , my social welfare was completely cut off due to my partners earnings

But its not her mortgage to pay plus she has alot of her own bills

Whats the worst that can happen after missing 1 month ?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭TrishSimon

You will be registered with the Irish Credit Bureau which is marked down as a bad debt, contact your mortgage people and explain the situation they could work something out for you until you get back to work like an interest only payment or a payment break. I took a 3 month payment break in 2010 because my redundancy money ran out which I was using to pay the mortgage, I called them up explained everything and they gave me that option it was then added onto the end of my term.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Mutts_nuts

TrishSimon wrote: »
    You will be registered with the Irish Credit Bureau which is marked down as a bad debt, contact your mortgage people and explain the situation they could work something out for you until you get back to work like an interest only payment or a payment break. I took a 3 month payment break in 2010 because my redundancy money ran out which I was using to pay the mortgage, I called them up explained everything and they gave me that option it was then added onto the end of my term.

Cheers will do , how long did that take ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭TrishSimon

Mutts_nuts wrote: »
    Cheers will do , how long did that take ?

Once your mortgage people mark you down as having a missed payment that is automatic so within a week or so of missing a payment you have that against you name.

Organising a payment break can be done instantly so get onto your bank tomorrow. Hope that helps and don't worry some bank prefer you to call them rather then leave it and the process is not all that stressful and at least you can then concentrate on getting a new job within those three months and you just notify them you are bank in employment.
    Try Lex Consultancy for jobs they have a good few or Hayes.

Advertisement