Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exploring my options - startups

Options
  • 18-03-2014 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some advice. I have a start-up idea, I consider the idea to have huge potential as an export, but i won't go into to details on the idea.

What i'd like advice on is my current situation. I work 45 hours a week, studying part time in the evenings. I earn minimum wage and have next to no disposable income to even consider investing in a business. I do however have an expected large insurance payout from a motorcyle accident, but the conditions of that are not set in stone, and likely not be become fruitful for another year or so.

I'm just wondering about my options, would it be easier for me to get start-up funding from the government if I was unemployed? I don't really care much about the ethics of gaming the system, I want to put myself in the best position possible to springboard this idea, as i think the idea has great benefits for society in general.

So simply put, is it easier to get funding while employed or unemployed? I can be either, this job I have has no future and is just a means of paying for college.

Comments

Advertisement