Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provisional licence expired

Options
  • 18-03-2014 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I've been out of the country for a few months and my provisional licence has expired, I know you can renew to get another 2 years but does it matter that it's gone past it's expiry date? And if not, will it be dated back to when it expired or will it be from the current date of renewal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

how long ago did it expire and is it your 1st, 2nd, 3rd??

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

how long ago did it expire and is it your 1st, 2nd, 3rd??

First expired would be goin onto my second, it's out nearly 5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

It doesn't matter that it has expired. As long as it has not been expired for 5 plus years, you can still renew it. The new one will be dated from its renewal date, not the expiration date of the old one. You will have to go into your local NDLS centre and renew it in person btw. You can no longer renew learner permits by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

yup as dub says...hence me asking how long expired..when you said provisional licence i thought it may have been years ago...

Advertisement