Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Catering West Cork/Kerry

• 18-03-2014 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi, We would like to holiday around West Cork or Kerry this summer with our 2 labs. Does anyone have any recommendations of self catering cottages or similar accommodation that would be pet friendly? Ideally it would be located close to a village & beach. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I always look on Imagine Ireland for self catering, it's very easy to exclude the 'non pet friendly' ones and choose location/bedroom size etc.

http://www.imagineireland.com/Dog-Friendly-Holiday-Cottages-In-Ireland/default.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bixy

Shamrock cottages in Caherdaniel, some of them permit pets and there are great walks and beaches on your doorstep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

We holiday quite a bit in Castlegregory, Kerry. Any houses we've rented have had no problems with dogs.

Plenty of beaches and walks too, and nice and quiet. You could even take a drive over O'Connor pass and into Dingle for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bluejelly

Thanks ill look into those options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

I'll second Castlegregory. Try Kerry Cottages. They probably will take dogs.

Disclaimer: I know the people who run Kerry Cottages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I stayed in one of these cottages a year ago and I'm going back again this year:

http://www.valentiaislandcottages.com

The one I stayed in was Sea View but they all allow pets. Lovely cottage, down a quiet little lane, and there are some nice beaches not too far away. There are two villages within 5 minutes drive, Knightstown on the island and Portmagee just over the bridge on the mainland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

An online search for pet friendly self catering accommodation

Advertisement