Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GIY event @Dooley's on Thu. Worth it?

Options
  • 18-03-2014 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Lads! I just saw it yesterday there's a GIY event taking place @Dooley's Hotel on this Thursday. My woman would be very much interested in Rachel Allen's cooking demo. Could you give me some advice on it, please? Is it worth e25/head and a trip from KK? Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

padyjoe wrote: »
    Lads! I just saw it yesterday there's a GIY event taking place @Dooley's Hotel on this Thursday. My woman would be very much interested in Rachel Allen's cooking demo. Could you give me some advice on it, please? Is it worth e25/head and a trip from KK? Thanks a million!

Not to be smart, but you should probably contact GIY about this and see what the setup is for the evening - then you can make your own mind up on whether it's worth your while.

€50 plus a tenner petrol/diesel so that your missus can enjoy the cooking demo, and you can quietly ogle the fair Rachel for the evening? Sounds like good value to me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I love watching cookery programmes and going to cookery demonstrations but wouldn't cross the road to see your wan even if it was free.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Other half went to see Rachel Allen in Lyrath in Kilkenny few months back as part of a local food promotion thing,

Gota to say I can't stand cooking programs, can't stand Rachel Allen's shows but I will say she comes across as a far more likable person when doing a demo,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Thanks for your inputs, boardsies! TBH I'm not a big fan of her either but decided to go in order to keep herself happy. I wonder is there any accessible and free parking around the quay after 7pm? Cheers!

Advertisement