Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Galatasaray Champions League K.O 19:45 ITV

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That Drogba didn't try a leg out there tonight and the running around the stadium along with his whole demeanor before and during the game serves to show a massive disrespect to his current club who are paying him fairly massive wages.

He's 36 and not good enough any more. The whole team were shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

keith16 wrote: »
    Ye will get Barca in the draw. It is destiny.

No ! please no !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I have to agree with Kerrs comments re Drogba - he's a professional first and foremost and he doesn't look to have bothered his hole tonight.

If this was a dead rubber, game 6 of the group or something you might expect it but it's the last 16, you have to give more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Johner wrote: »
    He's 36 and not good enough any more. The whole team were shocking.

How good he is at this stage isn't the point though. That wasn't his best effort, nowhere near it infact. He's performed far better for them in earlier stages of the competition.

They spent long stretches of a last 16 tie with a chance while their fans gave them everything in the stands. Some embarrassing performances in that context imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    How good he is at this stage isn't the point though. That wasn't his best effort, nowhere near it infact. He's performed far better for them in earlier stages of the competition.

They spent long stretches of a last 16 tie with a chance while their fans gave them everything in the stands. Some embarrassing performances in that context imo.

I thought he did try hard but when he's not getting any service what else can you expect him to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Drogba got fcuk all supply – I wouldn’t judge him on tonights performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Johner wrote: »
    I thought he did try hard but when he's not getting any service what else can you expect him to do?
    Barr wrote: »
    Drogba got fcuk all supply – I wouldn’t judge him on tonights performance.

Lads, I'm a huge Drogba fan. One of my favourite players and I hope he does it at this year's world cup but I genuinely thought he was lazy tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Drogba's performance was summed up in the free-kick Gala had in the first half. 35+ yards out towards the wing. Perfect position to get in a good dangerous cross. Instead he takes the free-kick himself, has a speculative shot and batters it almost out of the stadium. Mancini should have hooked him at that stage.

Advertisement