Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle License question - caliber/bore or chambering?

Options
  • 18-03-2014 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

OK, so have received the license for a new rifle.
    Odd description though. License is for a Mauser 03 in 7mm Rem Mag. However, the license is printed for a "....MAUSER of 7.00 Mm bearing the serial number of ....":confused:

Surely they don't consider just the barrel caliber/bore???

Guess it will need to be corrected.

Although unlikely to be a problem buying ammunition from local dealers but a bit of a grey area if traveling elsewhere? My main reason for buying a modular/take down rifle.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

thats all they say.. .22lr .22wmr .22hornet .22-250 all say "of .22 inches" same goes for the .17' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Worse, it seems different from place to place. I've seen licences with appropriate chambering designations, and others with rough bore diameters and no thought of chambering. Handy way to fire .300 H&H in a .300 Wby though!

Advertisement