Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi Robot Vacuum Cleaner €179.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

mrcheez wrote: »
    I asked before but didn't really get an answer: how does it work with rug fringes/tassles?

e.g. http://www.daburns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/machine-fringe-after-c.jpg

Since their fairly loose I imagine it would drag them around the place a bit

I don't have them so I don't have first hand knowledge but I would think they might just be long enough to cause it bother. My own rug has tassels about one third the length of those and I've no issue but I can't say how it would deal with longer ones. Sorry I can't be more help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Is it good on tiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 majoliroja

its perfect on my ceramic tiles and I have a very thick rug but it has no fringes so cant help much on that but it gets on and off my rug very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

It's great on tiles but quite bad with rugs/carpets, especially anything remotely deep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

If it's going from a tiled area to a wooden floor area is it able to get over a saddle or does it need to be picked up?

No issues with Robinson getting over any saddle boards. I posted a video before showing how smoothly he goes over them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

One available in tallaght Aldi (the one in the big vacant block opposite Tallaght Hospital) if anyone is looking for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Just a note that although mine can get over most saddles it can't get over one because it is too deep.

Likewise he has trouble with a really thick rug on a wooden floor. Most carpets and saddles are fine - but not all.

I've been thinking of adding a little bit of wood or plastic to the saddle he can't get over.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WeleaseWoger

Dónal wrote: »
    No issues with Robinson getting over any saddle boards. I posted a video before showing how smoothly he goes over them!

Robinson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Theres a few left in Aldi in Claremorris for anyone looking for one. Tempted, but must resist.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭aonoco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

No scheduling on that one, also no remote so you couldn't dock it under a bookcase as you need to press a button on the unit itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

After reading this thread I'm very tempted to visit my local Aldi and see if there are any left... Now all they have to bring out is a robotic mop and I'll be a happy bunny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

aonoco wrote: »

I don't think the Vileda one returns to base when it's finished or needs a charge though does it?
    That is such a bonus, I love love mine and the fact that it recharges itself and heads out again if it has't finished

I have barely used my Miele, maybe once, think I will sell it now.
    I bought the Black and Decker pivot vac 18v as well for the stairs and together they are the business. Infact I don't think the Miele has seen the light of day since both Edward and Frederick starting working together.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jibberjive

Does anyone know if they have any left in Aldi in Finglas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

What are these like to get over door stops, or do they? And from floor to rug??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

GaryCocs wrote: »
    What are these like to get over door stops, or do they? And from floor to rug??

Answered a few times above but mostly fine unless it's a bigger depth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

Sorry for the repetition, 14 pages and only 30 mins for lunch :D

Hopefully one will pop up on adverts soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭blueturnip

I've decided that Spencer is the business!! :)

He has been wandering around every day since I bought him while we are out at work, the floors do look cleaner! I did give the floor a proper once over with the real Hoover, but I don't see us doing that too often now.

He is great on the tiles and we have a low pile carpet so he manages that fine too! He does have trouble with the mat in the hall, but prepared to live with that.

Now the question is, should I buy one for upstairs too?! :)

Anyone know if there are any left in Limerick?? Missed the last one in Nenagh

• Advertisement

It comes to €186 here including postage etc from Italy. Its off amazon and the same model it seems. Will order tomorrow if I cant find one in Limerick!

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B009FU7H5M/ref=dra_a_cs_lr_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=dradisplay06-21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Any left? Anywhere in Dublin? Anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

2 left in Naas.
    Picked up one yesterday. Its the job alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

got the last 1 in carlow. its was the display one in the glass box. dying to get home and try it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

We have had ours a week now. While it doesn't pick up everything on the carpet, when you actually empty the box with the dust, there is loads in there. We have a hairy dog and cat so it is picking up a lot of their hairs. For people like us who hate vacuuming and don't do it as often as we should, it's brilliant.

Any left around i wonder, wanted to get one as a present!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Mother bought me one even after I tried to convince her not to.

Actually suprised how good it is.
    Great at picking up dog hairs

would you believe it just got one in Limerick!

Someone earlier did say they didn't think the battery was guaranteed for the 3 year warranty and they were quite correct
    The battery is only warranted for 3 months although they state it will last around 2 years and it costs £20 to replace
    The filters and brushes are around 4 to 5 pound to replace with a £3.95 delivery charge

majoliroja wrote: »
    Someone earlier did say they didn't think the battery was guaranteed for the 3 year warranty and they were quite correct
    The battery is only warranted for 3 months although they state it will last around 2 years and it costs £20 to replace
    The filters and brushes are around 4 to 5 pound to replace with a £3.95 delivery charge

Where do you buy the replacements?

• Advertisement

I rang the number that's on the hoover and in the booklet
    Clearly the ariete bricola is the exact same model number 2711 but I cant find anywhere where they sell the parts for that hoover so I guess I will have to use easy home but if anyone else on here knows more please share the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Robot vacuum through groupon for €89.99 http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-901-7933/36794965

Just letting those of you know that wanted the one in Aldi.
    If you want to start a new thread please do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sedohre wrote: »
    Robot vacuum through groupon for €89.99 http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-901-7933/36794965

Just letting those of you know that wanted the one in Aldi.
    If you want to start a new thread please do

Wonder is it as good. Seriously cheap.

I got the aldi one. Very impressed. Deep carpets were never gonna fair great but other than that its fantastic. I have it on every other day. If im upstairs its on downstairs and vice versa. Love how it returns to its base. Funny, and handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

I see there is one left in aldi kingsmeadow in Waterford in the glass case for anyone still looking for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Psychobabble

There were a few in Aldi East Wall this afternoon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Two left in Aldi Cobh last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Folks,

Will it move around all rooms, or confined to one room only

I take it , it builds of a plan of your downstairs rooms for example

what happens if you bring it upstairs, and let it do its thing

Will it remember its downstairs plan , when you return it down stairs

k123456 wrote: »
    I take it , it builds of a plan of your downstairs rooms for example

Afaik it doesn't.

It just goes about randomly (per run, it does seem to avoid backtracking), which makes sense in case you move furniture etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

mrcheez wrote: »
    It just goes about randomly (per run, it does seem to avoid backtracking), which makes sense in case you move furniture etc.

This is why I am not getting one of these "dump" robots - I'll wait till for these devices to advance a bit more, incorporates more sensors and cleverly figures out how to cover maximum floor space with least distance traveled and taking less time over all to clean given area; and then perhaps a 'maintenance' mode where they would first scan the floor around them and will clean if they sense dirt / dust.

I live in hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Recoil12

For anyone interested in the Groupon vacuum,here it is in action:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eWeI59_Qpk

And on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Freetime-Robot-Cleaner-R88-03/dp/B008DYG4UK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kh_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0AEM5B7MGHJJJM50Y7C0

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it has the self-docking feature as on many of the similar vacuums.

positron wrote: »
    This is why I am not getting one of these "dump" robots - I'll wait till for these devices to advance a bit more, incorporates more sensors and cleverly figures out how to cover maximum floor space with least distance traveled and taking less time over all to clean given area; and then perhaps a 'maintenance' mode where they would first scan the floor around them and will clean if they sense dirt / dust.

a self-clean would be *cringe* "awesome"
    (I hate using it but it's apparently back in fashion... next up "radical" makes a comeback)

I have both groupon and aldi and they are great! You only get an hours work out of the groupon one and it beeps to let you know battery has run out. It's perfect for my kitchen by itself and then Monty from Aldi can do the other rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

Saw one of these in the glass case in the dublin newlands Aldi this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

is there any websites available for ordering spare parts????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

OK- so found a site in Italy that sells spare parts for the Ariete Briciola (i.e. the Aldi one) :)

Click Here

I got one of the Italian guys I work with to drop them a note and they will ship to Ireland, but it takes about 2 weeks.
    I ordered the 2 extra brushes and hepa filter as a test (this)- the shipping is 6.90, so total of 21.30
    I'll post back when I get them (so you can be sure they actually do ship here !!)

The battery is expensive though - 38 yo-yo...
    I wonder if you got the exact specs of the battery if you could buy a generic one on eBay that would fit.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

deadl0ck wrote: »
    The battery is expensive though - 38 yo-yo...
    I wonder if you got the exact specs of the battery if you could buy a generic one on eBay that would fit.....

That's pretty cheap tbh, the roomba batteries are over a hundred.

TomCo wrote: »
    That's pretty cheap tbh, the roomba batteries are over a hundred.
    Though it was expensive in relation to one of the earlier posts where some said they talked to customer support and a new battery is supposedly 20 euro....

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭excalaber

Bought the one from amazon Italy, arrived v promptly with Italian plug and Italian instructions. 🙋

excalaber wrote: »
    Bought the one from amazon Italy, arrived v promptly with Italian plug and Italian instructions. 🙋

Italian instructions as PDF are here and you can use this website to translate the PDF and it will keep the formatting in the PDF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

excalaber wrote: »

Is this the one?

http://www.amazon.it/Ariete-AR2711-Briciola-Robot-Aspirapolvere/dp/B009FU7H5M/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397553281&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=vacuum+Ariete+Briciola

• Advertisement
Advertisement