Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi Robot Vacuum Cleaner €179.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

excalaber wrote: »
    Bought the one from amazon Italy, arrived v promptly with Italian plug and Italian instructions. 🙋

Maybe a stupid question but how did you buy it. Says it cannot be shipped to my address. Help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Maybe a stupid question but how did you buy it. Says it cannot be shipped to my address. Help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/ probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭excalaber

Yes no problem with delivery and much quicker than promised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I think they're still around in Aldi - I saw a price sign for one in Churchtown today, though I didn't see the robot. But they have the robot in the Aldi beside the Square in Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

excalaber wrote: »
    Yes no problem with delivery and much quicker than promised

So you had no problem ordering it? When i try to purchase it says it cannot be shipped to my address.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭excalaber

So you had no problem ordering it? When i try to purchase it says it cannot be shipped to my address.

That's strange. I usually order from amazon.uk but I logged into amazon.it and my details and delivery addresses were all there. Didn't do anything different to the uk site. Got it in 4 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

Can the Aldi robot be programmed to vacuum on particular day and time , or is it just time only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There was one of these left at the till with some other special buys in Aldi Mulhuddart today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Battery in my sisters robot has failed, it wont charge, I have one but dont use it as often, working fine, anyone else with battery problems, think Aldi will refund this and not replace the battery :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

bogman wrote: »
    Battery in my sisters robot has failed, it wont charge, I have one but dont use it as often, working fine, anyone else with battery problems, think Aldi will refund this and not replace the battery :-(

My battery wasn't charging and I thought of this post that they were all doomed but thankfully I discovered that there was some oily residue on the bottom of Johnny which was stopping the connectors from charging properly .

A quick baby wipe and he's charging away again now.

Something to keep an eye out for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Came home today to find one of his arms broke off :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

4 in nenagh

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

SeanyMc22 wrote: »

I'd have been gutted... Did it get tangled up or did it just come off.

I'd be lost without Percy now... He's taken massive pressure off in our house.

If anything happened him it would be like a death in the family, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I got 2 spare brushes with mine - did you not ?

Yeah I was pretty gutted alright! It's just one of the arms of the three on the left hand side. He didn't get stick/tangled but I assume it was gradually worn down and finally gave up the ghost. I've been using him almost daily to keep things spotless and since he does such a good job I notice every speck of dirt and send him off nearly every day. May need to cut down to every second/third day.

I got two spares as well, he still works fine with the one arm missing so may hold off on replacing them straight away.

Does anyone have a link to Spares please

Brushes, hepa filter, and battery

Does that cover all the spares, or is there more

I found 1 Italian site doing spares and ordered some as a test - 1 month later and they still have not arrived....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

im not sure if they ship to ireland :(, sent off the following message to them, ill see if i get a reply ( thank god for google translate :D)

Ciao come stai. vorrei comprare alcuni pezzi per il mio robot aspirapolvere e il tuo negozio li ha in magazzino. Quello che vorrei sapere è quanto costerebbe spedire a Dublino Irlanda? l'articolo può essere trovato qui ..... http://www.assistenzasbrollini.com/product.php?id_product=1855. So di numerose persone provenienti da Irlanda che potrebbero essere interessati a questa voce se può essere spedito qui. Cordiali saluti, .......

and in english

hi how are you. i would like to buy some parts for my robot vacuum and your store has them in stock. what i would like to know is how much would it cost to ship them to Dublin Ireland? the item can be found here.....http://www.assistenzasbrollini.com/product.php?id_product=1855 . I know of numerous people from ireland who would be interested in this item if it can be shipped here. kind regards, .........

if i get a reply ill post it up here

evosteo wrote: »
    im not sure if they ship to ireland :(, sent off the following message to them, ill see if i get a reply ( thank god for google translate :D)

Ciao come stai. vorrei comprare alcuni pezzi per il mio robot aspirapolvere e il tuo negozio li ha in magazzino. Quello che vorrei sapere è quanto costerebbe spedire a Dublino Irlanda? l'articolo può essere trovato qui ..... http://www.assistenzasbrollini.com/product.php?id_product=1855. So di numerose persone provenienti da Irlanda che potrebbero essere interessati a questa voce se può essere spedito qui. Cordiali saluti, .......

and in english

hi how are you. i would like to buy some parts for my robot vacuum and your store has them in stock. what i would like to know is how much would it cost to ship them to Dublin Ireland? the item can be found here.....http://www.assistenzasbrollini.com/product.php?id_product=1855 . I know of numerous people from ireland who would be interested in this item if it can be shipped here. kind regards, .........

if i get a reply ill post it up here

I got one of the Italian guys I work with to email them and they got back to him and said they would ship to Ireland but it would take about 2 weeks for delivery. Be interesting to see what they come back to you with...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I found 1 Italian site doing spares and ordered some as a test - 1 month later and they still have not arrived....

I once waited nearly two months waiting on an indicator light bulb from Italy. Companies there are very slow to ship and then often they also have big problems with people stealing items from the post. Many ebay sellers refuse to ship to Italy because of the amount of goods that never reach the buyer. Avoid ever getting anything shipped from Italy if you can. Sadly in this case you might have to, unless someone unearths a German company doing the same spares- they might be out there given that Aldi are German and would have sold a lot of these robots on their home soil.

is there part numbers on the battery or brushes, one can google

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

frash wrote: »
    My battery wasn't charging and I thought of this post that they were all doomed but thankfully I discovered that there was some oily residue on the bottom of Johnny which was stopping the connectors from charging properly .

A quick baby wipe and he's charging away again now.

Exactly what happened to my sisters robot, degreased the contacts, Marley is flying around keeping her house clean once more

Hi Folks, has anyone found a supplier of spare parts for the robot vac

got a reply about the sipping for the spare parts. got the email the 29/04, only putting it up here now.....

Salve
    posso inviarlo con posta raccomandata al costo di 10 €
    grazie per averci contattato
    > Messaggio: Ciao come stai. vorrei comprare alcuni pezzi per il mio robot aspirapolvere e il tuo negozio li ha in magazzino. Quello che vorrei sapere è quanto costerebbe spedire a Dublino Irlanda? l'articolo può essere trovato qui ..... http://www.assistenzasbrollini.com/product.php?id_product=1855. So di numerose persone provenienti da Irlanda che potrebbero essere interessati a questa voce se può essere spedito qui. Cordiali saluti,..........

translated

hello
    I can send it by registered mail at a cost of 10 €
    Thank you for contacting us

> Message: Hello how are you. I would like to buy some parts for my robot vacuum cleaner and your store has them in stock. What I want to know is how much it would cost to ship to Dublin Ireland? The article can be found here ..... http://www.assistenzasbrollini.com/product.php?id_product=1855. I know many people from Ireland who might be interested in this item if it can be shipped here. Sincerely, .............

just sent the following,

hi. grazie per la rapida risposta. potete spiegarmi come posso ordinare i pezzi di ricambio? ho bisogno di ordinare che tramite e-mail o posso ordinarli dal sito Internet? spedizione a Dublino Irlanda è citato come 6,50 €. si può chiarire questo favore. Cordiali saluti, .......

translated

hi. thanks for the quick response. you can tell me how can I order spare parts? I need to order it by e-mail or can I order them from the website? Shipping in Dublin Ireland is quoted as € 6.50. can you clarify this please. Sincerely

ill post the response when it arrives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Nice of you to translate it to italics for us :P

I still have not received the parts I ordered.
    I emailed them to ask for an update and got no reply - I have since opened a dispute on PayPal and they have not replied to that either. I have escalated it to a claim to get my money back with PayPal and still no response from them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

With bit of soldering, and a couple of new chips, I upgraded mine up to make the dinner and do the dishes, very handy.
    It does a mean stir fry I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Noticed a half dozen in stock westside Galway yesterday. Was feeling a bit spendy and went for it.

Still waiting for my 12 hour charge time to be up. Bit of a buzz kill that.

Anyone else notice they are back in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

two in store on the Belgard Road, Tallaght on Saturday.

• Advertisement

I still have not received the parts I ordered.
    I emailed them to ask for an update and got no reply - I have since opened a dispute on PayPal and they have not replied to that either. I have escalated it to a claim to get my money back with PayPal and still no response from them :(

Got my money back through PayPal - I would have preferred if they had sent me what I actually ordered.
    Anybody else find somewhere we can order spares from ?

Got my money back through PayPal - I would have preferred if they had sent me what I actually ordered.
    Anybody else find somewhere we can order spares from ?

Nothing here - I had e-mailed the Irish distributor and Aldi asking about spares but never heard anything back from either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dónal wrote: »
    Nothing here - I had e-mailed the Irish distributor and Aldi asking about spares but never heard anything back from either of them.

That's pretty bad form really and I wouldn't have expected that from Aldi. They must of known before they begun selling these that they tend to need parts as they are going for hours per day, they really should have ensured something g was in place with the distributor before putting them on sale, it's bad form to leave people high and dry like that, I suppose people can still bring it back for a refund but no doubt they'd just prefer to have a working product.

i got a reply from the italian site, they usually reply within a day or two.

SALVE
    ORDINE MAIL POI PROCEDO CON LA RICHIESTA DI PAGAMENTO, SPEDIZIONI DAL SITO SOLO NAZIONALI
    GRAZIE

tranlated......

SALVE
    MAIL ORDER THEN PROCEED WITH THE REQUEST FOR PAYMENT, SHIPPING FROM THE SITE ONLY NATIONAL
    THANK YOU

looks like you need to email them your order as the site only has national shipping available......i think:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

evosteo wrote: »
    i got a reply from the italian site, they usually reply within a day or two.

SALVE
    ORDINE MAIL POI PROCEDO CON LA RICHIESTA DI PAGAMENTO, SPEDIZIONI DAL SITO SOLO NAZIONALI
    GRAZIE

tranlated......

SALVE
    MAIL ORDER THEN PROCEED WITH THE REQUEST FOR PAYMENT, SHIPPING FROM THE SITE ONLY NATIONAL
    THANK YOU

looks like you need to email them your order as the site only has national shipping available......i think:confused:

Mamma Mia. You could try throwing a bunga bunga party ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Saw one of these in Aldi in East Wall, seemed like the last one left if anybody is still looking for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Saw one on display in the Newlands Cross Aldi at the weekend, if anyone is still looking for one.

My robot has started exhibiting some strange behaviour. Check out this video of what it has been doing http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Um6tW-6aZz0. I think I'll have to bring it back to Aldi unless anyone knows if there's a reset to factory defaults button anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

Not seeing a video linked? Mine too is starting to act up... stopping randomly... not charging....

My robot has started exhibiting some strange behaviour. Check out this video of what it has been doing http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Um6tW-6aZz0. I think I'll have to bring it back to Aldi unless anyone knows if there's a reset to factory defaults button anywhere?
    Weird - have you checked both wheels are able to turn freely - there could be some crap caught around the axle of 1 wheel and that might cause one wheel to turn and the other not to turn (causing that sort of behavior).
    Also - give it a clean around the front where the sensors are in case some dirt on a sensor is causing it.
    Just some suggestions but it may help.....

• Advertisement

Mine has developed an issue

It returns to the base station, but does not charge

All sensors have been cleaned

I phone the Support number, they have no replacements in stock

I also asked they about spares, they do not have any , and are finding it difficult to source same from the Italian manafac.

Weird - have you checked both wheels are able to turn freely - there could be some crap caught around the axle of 1 wheel and that might cause one wheel to turn and the other not to turn (causing that sort of behavior).
    Also - give it a clean around the front where the sensors are in case some dirt on a sensor is causing it.
    Just some suggestions but it may help.....

I cleaned it out but there was no dirt or anything major caught between the wheels or the sensor. The two main wheels only move frontways and the small front is moving freely in 360 so I can only assume it is something functional with the sensor. Unless anyone can think of anything else that could be causing it? Or a way to reset the settings on it? It'll be making it's way back to Aldi, hopefully for a full refund. It's a shame though as I can not stand hovering and this has been a godsend the last 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Ah man, 3 dodgy reports in one morning? I can't imagine life without little Edgar J.

@k123456: use a rubber on the contacts on the base/robot in case any oil or residue is blocking the current. Does it charge when plugged in directly to the robot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

As of midday today they still had one of these in the Aldi on the Belgard Road (they had two but I bought one. My wife is going to kill me...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

newkie wrote: »
    @k123456: use a rubber on the contacts on the base/robot in case any oil or residue is blocking the current.

+1

Ideally use an abrasive rubber like the ink end of a rubber like this:
    pen-eraser.jpg

Or something like this one used to clean model railway tracks:
    Track%20Rubber.jpg

Paddy

I cleaned it out but there was no dirt or anything major caught between the wheels or the sensor. The two main wheels only move frontways and the small front is moving freely in 360 so I can only assume it is something functional with the sensor. Unless anyone can think of anything else that could be causing it? Or a way to reset the settings on it? It'll be making it's way back to Aldi, hopefully for a full refund. It's a shame though as I can not stand hovering and this has been a godsend the last 3 months.
    You could try and disconnect the battery and then reconnect it to do a hard reset (actually I'm presume you have turned it on and off via the switch underneath ....)

Thanks Folks, I will try cleaning the contacts again
    it does charge when the power cable is plugged directly to the hoover

You could try and disconnect the battery and then reconnect it to do a hard reset (actually I'm presume you have turned it on and off via the switch underneath ....)

Yeah I have switched it off loads but no joy. Just disconnected and reconnected the battery there but no change. Thanks ffor your help. The bot just keeps circling to the left then stopping and repeating that over and over. I've run out of things to try, hoping Aldi can replace it and if not a refund, don't fancy a 180eu credit note. Belgard road is a bit out of the way from where I am unfortunately.

Yeah I have switched it off loads but no joy. Just disconnected and reconnected the battery there but no change. Thanks ffor your help. The bot just keeps circling to the left then stopping and repeating that over and over. I've run out of things to try, hoping Aldi can replace it and if not a refund, don't fancy a 180eu credit note. Belgard road is a bit out of the way from where I am unfortunately.

One other thing - could one of the front bumpers on the front be stuck on ? If so it might thinks it keeps bumping into something......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Mine has also developed a problem. The left brush won't turn anymore. The right one works perfectly if you manaully turn them you can feel that the left one is way tighter than the right, so I'm assuming the motor doesn't have the power to turn it as it requires so much more force to turn it now.

No idea how/why this happened. it worked Thursday evening, then Friday morning I went to set Percy going and no way would he budge. Tries to kick into gear, right brush turns and then nothing, flashes red.

If it had taken a knock or had something wound round the wheel or anything like that I could explain it. But how it happened (seemingly overnight) I just don't know. Going to contact Aldi today, this is akin to a death in the family in our house :-(

Advertisement