Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi Robot Vacuum Cleaner €179.99

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Anyone buy one? any good?

Did you read the 29 pages on this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

Overall They are good, worth the money

OK on carpets
    V good on hard floors

No spare parts easily available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'd say they'll come up for sale again this side of Christmas. If they have the spare parts issue sorted by then I think I'll get one, bit not till then as parts do need to be replaced on these yokes, no matter what brand you buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

We had a Samsung one but sadly the cat killed it.
    He didn't like it so one day he just took his chances, pounced on it and pushed it down the stairs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

SpaceTime wrote: »
    He didn't like it so one day he just took his chances, pounced on it and pushed it down the stairs!

:D
    queen_kitty.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

SpaceTime wrote: »

Clever cat! I have an iRobot. The blurb has all sorts of warnings to the effect 'thou shalt not let thy cat ride around on the robot', but there are lots of clips on Youtube of cats doing just that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Has anyone brought there's back when they become faulty? If so what's the routine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Has anyone brought there's back when they become faulty? If so what's the routine

I just brought it back to the shop.
    They then rang the after sales crowd to confirm they couldn't fix it .

They have me a replacement.

Maybe ring the after sales number just to confirm they still can't fix them.

What's wrong with it anyway?
    Have thou read troubleshooting on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

It's making a dreadful noise and not suckling up at all. Reckon the motor is burnt out
    frash wrote: »
    I just brought it back to the shop.
    They then rang the after sales crowd to confirm they couldn't fix it .

They have me a replacement.

Maybe ring the after sales number just to confirm they still can't fix them.

What's wrong with it anyway?
    Have thou read troubleshooting on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 majoliroja

Earlier on in this thread there was problem in getting spare parts - just to let you know I ordered and have received a set of brushes and a new filter - I called the number on the robovac and the parts arrived within a week - I am from uk though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Got a complete refund for two of these from my local Aldi store Saturday, pity but had to be done, battery was shot in one and one of the drive motors in the other (sisters unit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

Has anyone managed to get a replacement from the UK help line,

I have one with an issue, and want a replacement , and not a refund....there are none avail in Aldi stores in Irl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Edgar J is dead!

His right wheel is locked up causing him to go haywire. Flipping him over it's clear the spring to pop the wheel up is stuck. It appears the stainless metal plate which goes into the vacuum housing is loose on that side. The wheel is attached here so the play in the wheel well is causing the issue. You can pull the wheel out, but when you press it down it won't pop back out again.

I'll report how my experience with their customer service goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Jaysis seems like a few robot vacumns are dropping like flies. It is still relatively new technology for the mass market so they're probably not up to scratch with durability issues just yet. Still though with Aldis 3 year guarantee you can't go wrong, I've had to bring a couple of things back there over the last few years and there was never any problem or hassle, money back with no questions asked. Its given me a lot more confidence to buy from them again in the future, even if I'm not 100% on the product itself their 3 year guarantees give you much more peace of mind than a 12 month one IMO.

I just thought I post a follow-up on my experience thus far with Aldi's warranty service. It seems Aldi has contracted out the repair service which had just changed hands when I contacted them back in September to Kenilworth Electrical. They collected the vacuum back in September.

Today, over 3 months later, I finally received Edgar back. I had called numerous times about the delays and all fingers were pointed towards Italy being slow to send the necessary parts. The battery was completely dead when I opened the box so I let it charge up all afternoon. I just tested it out and the fault is still there. It seems they either did nothing or didn't test whatever they fixed!

After all this time I've gotten nowhere. Disgraceful service and very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I just thought I post a follow-up on my experience thus far with Aldi's warranty service. It seems Aldi has contracted out the repair service which had just changed hands when I contacted them back in September to Kenilworth Electrical. They collected the vacuum back in September.

Today, over 3 months later, I finally received Edgar back. I had called numerous times about the delays and all fingers were pointed towards Italy being slow to send the necessary parts. The battery was completely dead when I opened the box so I let it charge up all afternoon. I just tested it out and the fault is still there. It seems they either did nothing or didn't test whatever they fixed!

After all this time I've gotten nowhere. Disgraceful service and very frustrating.

Well they've had a chance to fix it and failed. Time to get your money back or threaten them with the small claims court.

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Well they've had a chance to fix it and failed. Time to get your money back or threaten them with the small claims court.

That's the way to go. Really sorry to hear about Edgar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hey lads.

So Consuela had developed an issue. I think the motor for her left brush is f*cked.

What did you guys do? Do you go back to the Aldi store or phone some number or what's the story?

Scottie99 wrote: »

I wrote Aldi who superficially apologized and expressed concern over their warranty support partner, to which some bloke in the UK was cc'd. They gave me a reference number and said I was entitled to a refund at any store as this happened in under 12 months.

I replied how about an exchange and mentioned being recompensed for being out my property for 3+ months. Most older posters who had issues somehow managed to get an exchange even with the special was long over.

I called Kenilworth Electrical who tried to fob me off that I hadn't charged it properly or long enough. I did as he said and double-checked. It sounds like they will pick it back up and have it back in a couple of days. I do know that they had only taken over the warranty contract in September so I did have bad timing. But even so this whole affair is taking the piss. For the amount of time suffered, a straight exchange should have been offered.
    nkay1985 wrote:
    What did you guys do? Do you go back to the Aldi store or phone some number or what's the story?

Google Kenilworth Electrical's number, they cover the courier, and hopefully you'll have better luck than me. You could call the number on the bottom of the vacuum like I did which will lead you to Kenilworth Electrical who took over the repair contract. Good luck.

Just spoke with Kenilworth who picked up Edgar again last week. He said this time they'll replace it, but it's coming from Italy. So given that last time it took 3 months to get a wheel changed I guess I'll be waiting a good long while if I ever get it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Psychobabble

Just wondering at the cost of spare parts in the UK? I checked with Kenilworth, who are currently out of stock and brushes are €6.50 each and filters are €5.90. With delivery at €8, that is a little pricey. I'm heading over to a relation's in England shortly and would consider having them delivered there if there's a big price difference.

Just wondering at the cost of spare parts in the UK? I checked with Kenilworth, who are currently out of stock and brushes are €6.50 each and filters are €5.90. With delivery at €8, that is a little pricey. I'm heading over to a relation's in England shortly and would consider having them delivered there if there's a big price difference.

You tried Ebay? I've often found someone there for spare parts for various gadgets.

I had a look and there was nothing compatible. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

BTW, I researched the prices in the UK and it's pretty comparable to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Might be a mixed blessing, it seems that they are alive!

Just to close off my saga: wheel developed a fault, collected late Sept, finally returned early Jan, wheel had same fault, complained to Aldi at waiting 4 months for nothing, got an apology letter and a €10 voucher, collected again, new unit showed up yesterday, tested it out today and I'm finally back in business.

Now we'll just have to see how long Edgar J II lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Not sure if people are interested, maybe if you're looking to get Aldi to source you a replacement or just looking for a new one, I saw 3 boxed ones in the Carrick-on-Suir store this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I had a samsung vac that was the mutts nuts, until after 8 months which developed a penchant for driving over the edge of steps. I got it off amazon who refunded it fairly fast.

I wonder are all these lidl ones dead by now ? Im tempted to get the vileda off argos, but I know it will be a gonner after 2 years at best...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Amazon.DE Daily Deal Dirt Devil M607 robotic vacuum Spider (17 watts, 0,27l dust container volume, 3 programs) black

Product: EUR 76.48
    Packaging & Delivery: EUR 12,88 (2 day delivery)
    Total amount: EUR 89.36 (87.15 standard delivery)

Probably not half as good as the other ones mentioned in the thread, but might do someone.

• Advertisement

Anyone still have theirs running? Mine vacuums around 10 minutes before returning to base. Not sure if it is worth replacing the battery or going for a cheap Eufy

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Mine gave up the ghost 2 years ago, you did well! O got it repaired and same thing happened again. I gave up and bought an iLife brilliant hoover. Highly recommend one.

Advertisement