Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrified to TTC

Options
  • 18-03-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi guys,

I dont know if its just me but while I want kids, I am actually terrified to start trying. My background is I havent had periods in nearly 5 years and have had tests done etc. My egg count is fine, tubes open etc but I just dont ovulate. I am waiting on a lap & dye and if thats goes ok I imagine the next step is to start Clomid.

But the thought of actually saying yes I want to try and get pregnant scares the hell out of me. Am I alone here? If after the operation I am told I cant have kids I will be devastated so I dont understand why I feel like this.

Maybe its the fear of actually trying and then it not working. I dunno, my head is so messed up right now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I think it's more of a self preservation tactic. As you said you do want to have a child(ren) but actually saying it out loud is hard. I have the same problem. It's very hard to say you want something that you can't have and then to let other people know! I find it similar to baring your soul to strangers.
    But once you make that first step it all gets easier, it's great that everything looks ok and you know what your problem is. Hopefully it will be a very short journey for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Ask at your hospital I'd there are support services like a medical social worker or a support midwife. Although my situation was different to yours (repeat miscarriage), I found the support of these services invaluable. I can't imagine they would nit also be available to patients facing fertility issues too.

Best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey Melissa, I am feeling the same as you. In a bit of a different situation. Partner had the snip when married and he has kids from his marriage. We have to go through IVF. I sometimes think its cause its going to be so planned if that's the right way to describe it. I'd just like to be trying naturally even at first. It just terrifies me. I'm nt sure its cause it might work or not. Cannot explain it.

Advertisement