Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

delivery from Asia

• 18-03-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I placed an order 4 weeks ago from a asian website. I have received orders before in the past in the 2 week mark but unfortunately I was sick for the last few weeks and I have had no notification from them since they posted it standard delivery 3 weeks ago.
    My question is does it normally take 3 weeks for standard post or would customs seizes it? no guns in the package just parts.
    If customs seized it then would they leave me know or what? If I enquire and they havent seized it would this just make them aware to the package?
    Many Thanks
    Sharpy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

some sites are not as "on the ball" as others when i comes to shipping,i have had stuff from RSOV and Ebairsoft take up to a month to arrive in the country only be be delayed another week by customs. if customs have it they will write out to you (for their pound of flesh) and this could take a week. did you try track it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

For some reason, my last two orders from airsoftpeak and hobby king have taken five weeks to deliver. Up till then, 2-3 weeks was the norm. Don't know why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Might not be the case but the chinese new year might have caused the delay it only started at the end of jan and runs for 2-3 weeks.alot tend to shut up shop for the few weeks of it.The shop might have got it sent but might not have got through there postal in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭d.one

sharpy2010 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I placed an order 4 weeks ago from a asian website. I have received orders before in the past in the 2 week mark but unfortunately I was sick for the last few weeks and I have had no notification from them since they posted it standard delivery 3 weeks ago.
    My question is does it normally take 3 weeks for standard post or would customs seizes it? no guns in the package just parts.
    If customs seized it then would they leave me know or what? If I enquire and they havent seized it would this just make them aware to the package?
    Many Thanks
    Sharpy
    Hi mate ,
    Iv had an lower receiver seized by hong kong customs ,it was returned to the seller eventually and resent at the sellers expense but it took extra time because of this ,contact the seller is my advise ,kind regards d.one

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭WaldeT

For standard post I usually get about 4-6 weeks delivery time from HK. And that's if customs doesn't check it. On occations it has been 3 weeks but majority is in the 4-6 weeks mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

thermo wrote: »
    some sites are not as "on the ball" as others when i comes to shipping,i have had stuff from RSOV and Ebairsoft take up to a month to arrive in the country only be be delayed another week by customs. if customs have it they will write out to you (for their pound of flesh) and this could take a week. did you try track it?

Ya i asked for a tracking number and they said they forgot to get one!!
    Customs has wrote yet so thats good I think

Kashkai wrote: »
    For some reason, my last two orders from airsoftpeak and hobby king have taken five weeks to deliver. Up till then, 2-3 weeks was the norm. Don't know why?

I ordered from airsoft club. First order was here in 2 weeks but they left something out, so I worked a deal with them and picked up a few more things for free postage and now its taken forever!

brenak47 wrote: »
    Might not be the case but the chinese new year might have caused the delay it only started at the end of jan and runs for 2-3 weeks.alot tend to shut up shop for the few weeks of it.The shop might have got it sent but might not have got through there postal in time.

I hope thats not the case, I mean who takes holidays these days :)

d.one wrote: »
    Hi mate ,
    Iv had an lower receiver seized by hong kong customs ,it was returned to the seller eventually and resent at the sellers expense but it took extra time because of this ,contact the seller is my advise ,kind regards d.one

Y a I have contacted them, no response cheers mate

WaldeT wrote: »
    For standard post I usually get about 4-6 weeks delivery time from HK. And that's if customs doesn't check it. On occations it has been 3 weeks but majority is in the 4-6 weeks mark.

Thanks Tony, this is by far the longest I have ever waited from HK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I ordered from a new supplier PX Airsoft in HK on the 28/2/2014, it was posted on 6/3/2014 and left HK on 9/3/2014.

I'm starting to worry now as it's never taken this long from ebairsoft or airsoftpeak.

Is there something going on with postage from HK?

Advertisement