Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways to accept donations online?

Options
  • 18-03-2014 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently started volunteering with a local organisation. They're in the process of updating their website and wanted to add a "Donate" button to it. I first taught of PayPal, but as they don't have a company credit card (because they're registered as a charity) I don't think it's possible to set up a PayPal account without a credit card?

Are there other ways to accept donations online?

I was thinking of suggesting that they make a separate page just for managing donations in any form possible, ie: Direct Transfer (Bank sort code & account number displayed on the page), Cheques payable to & Postal Order details etc

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

iPaddyM wrote: »
    I first taught of PayPal, but as they don't have a company credit card (because they're registered as a charity) I don't think it's possible to set up a PayPal account without a credit card?
    Could someone in the organisation use their credit card to set up the account?

After donations are received you can transfer the money to their bank account (it is free to withdraw from your PayPal account).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

It's still niche, but it's very easy to set up - bitcoins. A separate page with all types of donations is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭moycullen14

iPaddyM wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently started volunteering with a local organisation. They're in the process of updating their website and wanted to add a "Donate" button to it. I first taught of PayPal, but as they don't have a company credit card (because they're registered as a charity) I don't think it's possible to set up a PayPal account without a credit card?

Are there other ways to accept donations online?

I was thinking of suggesting that they make a separate page just for managing donations in any form possible, ie: Direct Transfer (Bank sort code & account number displayed on the page), Cheques payable to & Postal Order details etc

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.mycharity.ie/

I know a few organisations that use this, I think it works well. (I have nothing to do with, do your own research)

Advertisement