Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend can see my youtube comments

• 18-03-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭

Im just wondering how my gf is getting mail on her gmail about what youtube vids im watching and commenting on, the lack of privacy is a bit annoying. Dose anybody know how i can disable this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Im just wondering how my gf is getting mail on her gmail about what youtube vids im watching and commenting on, the lack of privacy is a bit annoying. Dose anybody know how i can disable this ?

You must be logged in on YouTube as her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

You must be logged in on YouTube as her

Im not, its my own hotmail account how the heck is she getting mail about what I'm watching.. So annoying I'm not very techie but could have anything to do with the google account ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Im not, its my own hotmail account how the heck is she getting mail about what I'm watching.. So annoying I'm not very techie but could have anything to do with the google account ?

Yes its a google account, not necessarily hers. Google have integrated their answer to Facebook(G+) with gmail accounts and youtube. They are automatically switched on without interaction from the user.

If she has a gmail account, and therefore a G+ account and she is following you on G+, and you are signed into Youtube, and therefore G+ she can see your comments.

"A google that knows more about you".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Just disable Google+ and your YouTube watch history.

Google is starting to become really annoying about slurping your data and making it hard to opt out of Google+ etc

They're starting to make Facebook look good at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Google is starting to become really annoying about slurping your data and making it hard to opt out of Google+ etc

Agreed.
    SpaceTime wrote: »
    They're starting to make Facebook look good at this stage.

Woah woah! Easy now. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭industrialhorse

Same thing happens to my mate with his gf. She is always liking things on fb in his name and he has no idea whats going on. The rules are that you should never share your user id and password with anybody whatsoever, regardless of how intimate you are with them:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

My daughter was always borrowing my iPhone and logging me out of the Facebook app and using it herself.

But when I logged back in myself I would constantly be getting all of her notifications, It was definitely logged in as me

and everything worked as normal except I was getting her notifications.

To fix it I would have to log in and out a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

900913 wrote: »
    My daughter was always borrowing my iPhone and logging me out of the Facebook app and using it herself.

But when I logged back in myself I would constantly be getting all of her notifications, It was definitely logged in as me

and everything worked as normal except I was getting her notifications.

To fix it I would have to log in and out a few times.

You should tell facebook. There might be some $$$ for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Khannie wrote: »
    Woah woah! Easy now. :pac:

OK maybe not quite there yet, but they're definitely starting to head that way.

Advertisement