Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student hair cut in dublin city

Options
  • 18-03-2014 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

hi, I am looking for a good barbers in Dublin that do student discounts for a hair cut.

what price do they charge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Seriously, you posted this 15 minutes ago... sometimes people don't reply that quickly. Be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

More details would help too.... Shave or cut? Whereabouts in Dublin City? Particular opening times? etc...?

More details would help too.... Shave or cut? Whereabouts in Dublin City? Particular opening times? etc...?

im sure a good barber can handle both:)

any opening times.anywhere in dublin city really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There's a barbers on North Strand opposite the Fire Station that just opened and are doing free dry cuts for March, according to signs they had up.

Their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theberkeleybarbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

im sure a good barber can handle both:)

Difference in the $$$$$.Not sure if "Just Cuts" is still at Bachelors Walk but was cheap enough afaik.

spurious wrote: »
    There's a barbers on North Strand opposite the Fire Station that just opened and are doing free dry cuts for March, according to signs they had up.

Their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theberkeleybarbers

there must be a catch

anyone else got any recommendations?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Doublelime

Grafton street and around there has about 5 different barbers. Most of them are €10 before 12pm and then increase to €15. If you go outside I'm sure you'll find loads. They truly are hard to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

During my student days I went to Grafton Barbers on Grafton Street.

9 euro for students before 12 o clock Monday to Friday. Sometimes the extended it 5 o clock.

Decent haircut and free tea or coffee. Got offered a free beer on one occasian.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

there must be a catch

I don't think so, I'd say they're only trying to get business, plus it's only dry cuts they are doing free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

There's a Turkish barber that does quick and cheap haircuts near Ha'penny Bridge. Bout €7 I think. They're decent and they don't talk to you which is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

go to grafton street there is a place called hermans klip joint beside specsavers (upstairs)

Its a barber college and you will get a good cut for free. All students are fully supervised.

what a day wrote: »
    go to grafton street there is a place called hermans klip joint beside specsavers (upstairs)

Its a barber college and you will get a good cut for free. All students are fully supervised.

do they just do free hair cuts or would i have to ask for it to be done by a student?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gary_is_hip

Cut and Sew in Temple Bar on Crow St is where you wanna go for a top notch cut or shave. Open until 7pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Maxs barber on the quays is only €8. The oldest guy is the best. He can cut your hair perfectly in about 10 mins. There is no awkward generic talk like most barbers. My local barber was dreadful for pulling the working class man card. He obviously didnt know I was from the area and knew that he had a brand new Mercedes E200 in the drive way of his massive house

Cut and Sew in Temple Bar on Crow St is where you wanna go for a top notch cut or shave. Open until 7pm!

cheers for that, someone who works at cut and sew

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭despot

cheers for that, someone who works at cut and sew

You've been given a list of places and this is your only input. Well done. Just go get a haircut. There's dozens of places in town. I doubt your that fussy since you sound so desperate to get it done cheap.

despot wrote: »
    You've been given a list of places and this is your only input. Well done. Just go get a haircut. There's dozens of places in town. I doubt your that fussy since you sound so desperate to get it done cheap.

it wasn't my only input, maybe you can't read though. im not desperate for one just don't see why i should pay 15 euro when i can get one for 5.;)

I've told you of one for free - have you found cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

is the barbers still going beside Busarus in Store street I think? They were decent enough on price

spurious wrote: »
    I've told you of one for free - have you found cheaper?

yes, i got one thursday and they paid me 10 euro:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

yes, i got one thursday and they paid me 10 euro:)

You must give good head then

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

That's a good comeback to an OP who was clearly on the rise...

/I'll get my coat :pac:

Advertisement