Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verbally banned from Nature & Birdwatching forum

Options
  • 18-03-2014 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have skipped the step asking me to PM the particular forum moderators, I don't feel that would be of any benefit tbh. I believe I have been effectively banned from the N&BW forum by this post below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89368511&postcount=149

After the above post, I reported a previous post by Kess73 advising someone to waste Garda time by giving a false report "skewing" the details of a legal activity. That is unacceptable behaviour anywhere.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75670834&postcount=236

Lamping, hunting foxes at night with a lamp and either a firearm or dogs is a totally legal activity in ROI. Sometimes lamping foxes is done for "sport", but in the main it is an activity carried out on the wishes of a farmer to control fox numbers on his/her land. Again, it's fully legal, can confirm that with the Shooting mods if need be.

Now what got me involved in the particular Eagle thread is this comment below:

"who probably happens to have sheep", the word "probably" was inserted after the fact.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89334110&postcount=50

As far as I am aware, there is no evidence a sheep farmer shot the eagle. None that anyone on thread was either willing or capable of providing at the time anyway.

I believed then, and continue to now, that it is not good enough to accuse an individual from a specified sector in farming of a crime without evidence to that effect.

I believe I have been bullied out of the N&BW forum. If I post there again without consent I most likely will get a card of some description.

Before I forget, I don't wish to include Mickeroo in this, I had no idea s/he was a mod on that forum at all.

Regards,

Con.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Conmaicne Mara,

I or one of the Rec CMods will look into this and get back to you.

Regards,
    Penn

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Without getting into a long, drawn out discussion on who said what, he claimed this etc etc, allow me to be blunt.

One poster, who happened to be a mod of the forum, was giving his opinion on a certain situation. He clearly qualified his statements by saying that his opinion that it was most likely a sheep farmer who shot a white tailed sea eagle is not representative of all sheep farmers or hunters, but simply one person.

You took his comment quite personally (given the forums you post most often in, I'm presuming you're either a sheep farmer or have some connection to sheep farmers) and as a slight against all sheep farmers, which the poster had clearly said was not a slight against sheep farmers or even a small minority of sheep farmers, but one individual.

You continuously and antagonistically tried to accuse the poster of saying something he did not say, to the point that it was derailing the thread and creating hostility where there needn't have been any. This is a discussion forum, not a court of law. People are free to discuss their opinions, and the poster had given his opinion on a situation. The poster clearly and repeatedly clarified his position, and you repeatedly refused to take any of these points on board and kept repeating the same argument.

The thread-ban is to prevent further derailment of the thread, get the discussion back on track in a civilised manner, and prevent the same argument arising again. As such, I see no reason for it to be lifted. You're free to use the rest of the N&BW forum, however attempting to restart the same argument in another thread will likely result in a forum ban.

I'd also like to make reference to these comments by you on another forum relating to you comments on the N&BW forum:
    The Stasi are out to get me :D
    So am I, but I is a marked man on here.
    Told the truth!

(Which is usually what gets me in trouble)

In addition, it should be made clear that we are aware of your previous (closed) account, the name of which I won't mention here for your own privacy reasons though can confirm via PM if required. The previous account engaged in similar arguments on the N&BW forum in similar topics. As such, this forms a basis of repeated behaviour which will not be tolerated. Any more such arguments will result in a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I won't be using that forum again, there's no point in discussing that issue further.

In relation to Kess73's comments?

I won't be using that forum again, there's no point in discussing that issue further.

In relation to Kess73's comments?

It's a post from two years ago and you tracked it down in order to take a swipe at a mod. The matter is closed.

Penn wrote: »
    It's a post from two years ago and you tracked it down in order to take a swipe at a mod. The matter is closed.

No I did not track it down to take a swipe. I reported it at the time, check if you want.

• Advertisement

That's not the point. In order to bring it up in this thread, you would have had to have searched to try and find it, because it happened two years ago. And the only reason you're making any reference to it now when it has no relevance to what happened on the N&BW forum is to try and get the mod in trouble.

It has absolutely zero relevance to your N&BW threadban, and as such will not be discussed.

There is relevance, but I'll come to that later as I have to drop the kids to school then go to work.

One point, is it now OK for moderators to advise people to waste Garda time, or advise to do other actions of questionable lawfulness? Is that policy?

"Now"? Is it "now OK"?

The post, was two years ago.

Either explain the relevance it has to your behaviour on the N&BW forum, or drop this issue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

If digging up two-year old posts to discredit a moderator who moderated you is where we're at - then we're done here.

Thanks Penn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement