Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail not accepting AIB Visa Debit Card

Options
  • 18-03-2014 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having this issue. I have had to use my credit card instead the last two times I have booked. I went into the back and they told me it was a Visa issue.
    Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I've used my visa debit card to buy train tickets through irishrail.ie twice in the past couple of weeks without issue. Might be an idea to talk to your card provider, assuming you haven't already, to see what's up as sometimes the info that the company trying to process the payment can see about why it didn't go through is a bit inconclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 78,439 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Did you select credit card or debit / Laser card when trying to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I've used my visa debit card to buy train tickets through irishrail.ie twice in the past couple of weeks without issue. Might be an idea to talk to your card provider, assuming you haven't already, to see what's up as sometimes the info that the company trying to process the payment can see about why it didn't go through is a bit inconclusive

Is it Visa I need to contact so?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Victor wrote: »
    Did you select credit card or debit / Laser card when trying to pay?

I selected debit card but it will not bring up the verified by visa screen saying there is some error and try a different card. Card is working fine otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your bank is your agent for VISA. Contact the card section and ask them to investigate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement