Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

secure parking in city centre

Options
  • 18-03-2014 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,634 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

tomorrow is the last day of my two week stay back in Ireland, and I'm hoping to spend it in the fair city of Dublin, which I haven't seen for more than 10 years.

I still have the rented car until tomorrow evening, so I'd like to get my money's worth out of it by driving into the city centre and spending a few hours there with my family, before driving back out to the airport area.

So I'm looking for secure parking in the city centre - secure as it's a rented car and I don't need any tiny scratches (or worse) that will cost me a fortune.

Any recommendations? info on how to get there (if it's not blatantly obvious) would be welcome also, given my lack of familiarity wth the city.

finally, although I have a few places noted for a visit, any suggestions on where to go (especially the kind not in guide books) would also be welcome, particularly places to eat lunch with kids.

Optimistic thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

An interesting dilemma; there are any city centre car parks but you'll be parked in proximity to at least one other car so you'll. find it hard not to risk a door ding.

On street parking offers less protection against purposeful vandalism but less exposure to casual carelessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

personally - I'd park in Clerys....off Cathal Brugha St - 6 euro for the day (I just wave a card and they gave it to me for this)...plus when leaving you're on the way back to the airport....

...just drive right up to the top and you won't get pranged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

amtc wrote: »
    personally - I'd park in Clerys....off Cathal Brugha St - 6 euro for the day (I just wave a card and they gave it to me for this)...plus when leaving you're on the way back to the airport....

...just drive right up to the top and you won't get pranged.
    Top deck of any of the big carparks really. None of them will be full on a Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,634 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Thanks for the replies...seems like there should be space...but one more simple question - which ones are the big carparks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

If it's not too late, any of Arnotts, Clerys, Jervis St and Jervis St shopping St are the most accessible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,634 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Hi all, the day worked out well. Had planned to head to Jervis SC carpark, but there was one about 50 yards before that, which worked out fine. Spent a few hours rambling around the city centre, with my daughter trying to push over the spire "to see what will happen".

See you in a year or two.

Advertisement