Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminding question

Options
  • 18-03-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice, I am currently working as a registered childminder & look after 5 children in my own home but I'm finding the demand is there to expand.
    I know I would have to notify the HSE, does anyone know of the changes I'd have to make to my house to make it health board compliant eg. Fire doors, planning permission etc?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hi Tinatee,

The best place for you to contact would be your local county childcare committee. They will have all of the information you need. You might also think of contacting Childminding Ireland as I'm sure some of their members will have experience of this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Insurance maybe an issue but it all depends on the ages of the kids.
    Childminding Ireland are there to help you aswell.
    childminding.ie

Advertisement