Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Coffee - Tesco Ardkeen

Options
  • 19-03-2014 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Looks like we're gonna have another Costa Coffee in town. Drove past Tesco in Ardkeen earlier and there's a sign up near where the car washing used to be done saying 'Costa Coffee coming soon'. There were builders and diggers etc there so work is underway. Wouldn't have thought there was much space there for a coffee shop but time will tell!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

sillysocks wrote: »
    Looks like we're gonna have another Costa Coffee in town. Drove past Tesco in Ardkeen earlier and there's a sign up near where the car washing used to be done saying 'Costa Coffee coming soon'. There were builders and diggers etc there so work is underway. Wouldn't have thought there was much space there for a coffee shop but time will tell!

Probably a costa express (basically a glorified coffee machine) there popping up all over the UK at present.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jambo wrote: »
    Probably a costa express (basically a glorified coffee machine) there popping up all over the UK at present.

I'd have assumed a coffee machine would be kept indoors in the shop itself not at the top of a car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

In the UK there's a Costa cafe in nearly all large Tesco supermarkets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I think it's probably a 'normal' coffee shop than those machines. It's not in the Tesco, it's at the edge of the car park and they've set up a container type site office, saw David Flynn can there so I'm guessing there's some building work happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

shanemul wrote: »

That's about the size of Tesco itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

shanemul wrote: »

that's a lotta coffee:D

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

sillysocks wrote: »

Strange that one builder is hiring another to build something for him.

jayboi wrote: »

Hadn't thought of that! Just saw a small David Flynn can parked beside it. Maybe they're doing the fit out or something - early days to be there for that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

the new tesco extra in gorey has costa coffee in the actual building itself, your gonna see em in all the extra's me thinks??noel frisby owns all that land there anyway tesco,homebase and next are leasing from him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Frisby is more of a developer than a builder, I doubt he has any actual construction workers working for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

It was the same when D.I.D was built up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

There's already a cafe in Tesco Ardkeen, I cant imagine they'd be too happy with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

shockwave wrote: »
    Frisby is more of a developer than a builder, I doubt he has any actual construction workers working for him.
    Did he not build all those housing estates himself? I suppose might be keeping more to the development end of things also less people on the books as well so less pressure to get work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

the new tesco extra in gorey has costa coffee in the actual building itself, your gonna see em in all the extra's me thinks??noel frisby owns all that land there anyway tesco,homebase and next are leasing from him

On a related matter in these current times Tesco has said that the move is towards express or metro stores now. I guess the Lidl/Aldi factor/depression is the reason.

Supervalue/Musgrave group is nibbling at tesco's lead now but the Germans are still opening up stores as I speak:)

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

shockwave wrote: »

i'll end your doubt for you.

he does have construction workers working for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

danjo-xx wrote: »
    On a related matter in these current times Tesco has said that the move is towards express or metro stores now. I guess the Lidl/Aldi factor/depression is the reason.

Supervalue/Musgrave group is nibbling at tesco's lead now but the Germans are still opening up stores as I speak:)
    Also people are not going to the very large stores anymore as a shop takes too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

bluesfan wrote: »
    There's already a cafe in Tesco Ardkeen, I cant imagine they'd be too happy with this.

Sure they're all in it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There's a cafe in the Tesco Extra in Naas, and a Costa in the same centre. Similar in other ones I've seen. I doubt they'll care overly, even if they have a say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Love the coffee in costa, (double espresso) but don't like the food. I've only had it once since the two stores in Waterford opened though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smithy94

does anyone know how you can apply for a job there? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

Smithy94 wrote: »
    does anyone know how you can apply for a job there? :)

I'd say your best bet would be to head into the one in town and have a word with the manager. Maybe ask them for an application form or something.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Should be open very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Should be open very soon.

Its a fairly big one all the same !!!.

There must be good business at that way all the same. Not just next to tesco but also near Ardkeen hospital you will get a lot of people stoping there before they head to a appointment or something.

Smart move all the same.

Looks bigger than I expected it to be!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Anyone know what date it opens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

I think it was supposed to open this weekend but apparently they had problems with their furniture being delivered, should be open soon I expect!

I think it was supposed to open this weekend but apparently they had problems with their furniture being delivered, should be open soon I expect!

Great:)

• Advertisement

Great:)

Advertisement