Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAB faceandbody.ie Liquidation

Options
  • 19-03-2014 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

All,
    We need confirmation about a company that has gone out of business.

My partner paid up front for a treatment at a beauty salon called FAB faceandbody on South Anne Street, off grafton street. She prepaid and turned up for the first treatment to a big "closed for business due to unforeseen circumstances" sign outside it.
    They are not answering or returning calls.
    We assume that they have gone into liquidation, but cannot find anything about it on the internet. The Credit Card company say that there may be a way to refund all or part of the money but they need a letter stating that the company has gone into liquidation.

Where do we go to get this in writing?

Can someone please point us in the right direction.

Thank you,

Dublin Ace

Comments

I used to work for a company that went into liquidation. They had to publish it in at least two newspapers and they then closed the following day. It could be like looking for a needle in a haystack but it might be a start to check the papers.

EDIT: Is this them? http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/news/heaven-face-and-body-limited

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A search for the faceandbody.ie website points towards a company called Sundara Ltd. A search on cro.ie shows that they are registered at Shaw St, Dublin 2. They also appear to be linked to Xeon Beauty Services Ltd.

According to http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Xeon-Beauty-Services-Limited-393602 a meeting of creditors took place on March 18th, 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

Hope she paid by credit card...............if she did you might have some chance of getting the money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Did she book directly with FAB or did she go through on of the deal pages?

If she booked directly her only hope of a refund is if she paid by credit card.

If she booked via a deal page, she should contact them directly and request a refund.

I had some outstanding sessions I had booked via Living Social and based on your post I emailed them yesterday evening and they have already contacted me to say they will refund the remaining portion - I'm actually very impressed with their response and speed.

I also paid for some facials which I will have to take up with my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dublin ACE

Thanks for all the replies,
    So far I have contacted the consumer agency, which directed me to the CRO.

I contacted CRO and got a reply about FAB being a trading name of "Xeon Beauty Services Limited" like Dudara said above. All they could tell me is that there has not yet been any notice to them of liquidation.

Apart from the meeting of creditors mentioned by Karsini I cannot find any more information.

Luckily my partner paid for the treatment by credit card. The Credit card company have said that they will consider the claim but first they need some form of proof that the company has gone into liquidation.

Now I need to find out who the liquidator is so I can contact them and get a letter from them or something similar.

Any ideas where to go next would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JC12345

Does anyone know if a liquidator has been appointed yet? I can't find anything online? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pkh14

I had 5/6 outstanding laser treatments to use with Face and Body. They never sent me an email to notify me that they were closing down. I have emailed several times about some sort of refund but have not heard anything back. What a waste of money and really poor customer service. Really dissapointed.

Has anyone been able to get in touch with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@phk14 Did you pay by credit card? If so, I'd be getting in touch with your credit card provider around the possibility of a chargeback. Once a company enters liquidation, you will be an unsecured creditor with little chance of getting any money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pkh14

Thanks for replying. I can't remember if I paid by card or not. I will check this out and get in touch with the cc company. Hope they can help in some way. I was looking at the aspens place as an alternative for laser hair removal but the reviews don't look good. FAB had good reviews which is why I went with them. Shame..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Laura Lee23

I paid €379 to Dealrush for laser hair removal and on arrival to Fab Face and Body paid out a further €350. I only had three treatments with them and it was working, so as you can imagine I am very upset over their closure and especially the manner in which it was done. Anyway some good news I rang Therapie Clinic today and explained my situation to them and they have agreed to do my upper lower leg under arm and bikini arm three sessions for €330 I know its forking out more money but I really wanted this done and I hope to get some money back from my credit card co. So give Therapie a call and they might be able to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dee2010

Hi

Has anyone had any luck getting money back from FAB or their c/c company. Anyone get proof they are def closed down?

Ive rang my c/c company and they will only give me money back if i have proof that i pre-paid for treatments, which i don't. I think my bank are suspicious because i prepaid for sessions back in 2012 but had to stop when i was pregnant.

Advertisement