Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 week 15 results

Options
  • 19-03-2014 12:22am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Beaten thanks largely to a Johnson fumble and Routt the texans CB!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Looks like an incredible game, Texans can rest their players now for the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Looks like an incredible game, Texans can rest their players now for the playoffs

Nah rock, I'll save them for you my friend ;) I'm still pushing for 1st or 2nd top seed in AFC so need my wins

Nah rock, I'll save them for you my friend ;) I'm still pushing for 1st or 2nd top seed in AFC so need my wins

Dont think it matters who you pick against me, you still win, the CPU practice team brought me to OT earlier, thats a new low for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Dont think it matters who you pick against me, you still win, the CPU practice team brought me to OT earlier, thats a new low for me.

Nah we'll have a good game!

And remember, half my team is leaving next year so don't worry , I'll get my just desserts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Bears beat the Falcons. It was 24-20 I think although I can't really remember. Was a good game. Both run games worked well and both defenses were decent enough. Falcons causing 2 fumbles and an INT while the Bears caused an INT. Difference was the Bears were able to gain points from their INT where as the Falcons only managed a 3 and out on the fumble they recovered.

Good game Raoul, good luck in the playoffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭davetherave

Two minutes into the Giants vs the CPU Rams. This one is going to be a slobberknocker. Manning and Myers are out for the Giants. Bradford got taken out on the second play of the game and Isiah Peed got took a knock but he'll be back later in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Beat the CPU panthers, game froze after Q1 the first time round just as the quarter ended and the select play option was up.

Has anyone come across this problem. Panthers run the option quite a lot with luck. So when it became predictable i started putting my safety's in spy's. Luck was injured 6 differnt times in the game, yet never missed a snap? Bug in the game?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think it's a Luck thing, every CPU game I've played against Luck, he does a lot of option runs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭davetherave

Starting QB, HB, Y-WR, TE, CB, ROLB and LOLB all got injured during the game for the Giants but fear naught.

TEBOW WINS NAILBITER IN OVERTIME.

Giants win 23-17 against the Rams. Wee Timmy threw for 300+ yards and two touchdowns including the game winner to Victor Cruz in overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The CPU Packers gave me the fright of my life, but a Greer pick with about 90 seconds left followed by a Hartley field goal as time was expiring gives the Saints a 20-17 win.

The win comes at a huge cost though. Darren Sproles is out injured again, this time for 9 weeks, which means he's sitting at home until week one of our final season. With this being Sproles' third serious injury since the league began and Turner's contract expiring at the end of the season, running back is a position the Saints may look to strengthen in the draft.

Big showdown between the current #1 and #2 NFC seeds, Saints and 49ers, to come next gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets overcome Pats 23-15 in the AFC East Title decider.

Jets jumped out to a great start, up 17-0 and driving as the 2nd quarter rolled down. Then a fumble and Pats recover and drive for Danny Amendola to catch a 10 yard pass with seconds left to reduce the HT deficit to 10pts.

Quarter 3 was a defensive battle which continued into Q4 and a pair of Jets FG were the only scores. 23-7 with just over 5 minutes remaining and the game looked over. However Danny Amendoala scored a fabulous 57 yard pass, getting wide open and then being well spotted by Brady. A 2 point conversion left the deficit at 8 with just over 3 minutes remaining. The Jets were driving well and we were in the final 2 minutes when a Goodson fumble set us up for an exciting finish when NE recovered.

Patriots were moving well when a well timed Jet blitz sent a nickle back with a clear run at Brady. A QB fumble looked inevitable, but no, Brady just shook off the blitzer like he was a fly and moved up in the pocket to pass. However Kyle Wilson undercut the receiver to get the pick effectively end an exciting and well fought game.

Great chat as always, good luck in the playoffs, you will be tough to beat.

I think it's a Luck thing, every CPU game I've played against Luck, he does a lot of option runs

I just built him like that, hes a tank. Couldnt throw worth a damn though so Cam became the Man.

Edit: didnt see the every CPU part

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    Bears beat the Falcons. It was 24-20 I think although I can't really remember. Was a good game. Both run games worked well and both defenses were decent enough. Falcons causing 2 fumbles and an INT while the Bears caused an INT. Difference was the Bears were able to gain points from their INT where as the Falcons only managed a 3 and out on the fumble they recovered.

Good game Raoul, good luck in the playoffs
    Yeah it was a good game. I felt like I should have closed it out much earlier and then you went and took the lead and I was lucky to win nevermind anything else. Really enjoyed it though. Well played.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Beat the Jags 21-9, which sounds fine, but I was down 9-7 inside 2 mins when I scored a TD when trying to run out the clock before kicking a FG. Then Jags threw a pick which I returned for a TD, then I got another pick on the next play.

Interesting for a CPU game.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Berty44 wrote: »
    Jets overcome Pats 23-15 in the AFC East Title decider.

Jets jumped out to a great start, up 17-0 and driving as the 2nd quarter rolled down. Then a fumble and Pats recover and drive for Danny Amendola to catch a 10 yard pass with seconds left to reduce the HT deficit to 10pts.

Quarter 3 was a defensive battle which continued into Q4 and a pair of Jets FG were the only scores. 23-7 with just over 5 minutes remaining and the game looked over. However Danny Amendoala scored a fabulous 57 yard pass, getting wide open and then being well spotted by Brady. A 2 point conversion left the deficit at 8 with just over 3 minutes remaining. The Jets were driving well and we were in the final 2 minutes when a Goodson fumble set us up for an exciting finish when NE recovered.

Patriots were moving well when a well timed Jet blitz sent a nickle back with a clear run at Brady. A QB fumble looked inevitable, but no, Brady just shook off the blitzer like he was a fly and moved up in the pocket to pass. However Kyle Wilson undercut the receiver to get the pick effectively end an exciting and well fought game.

Great chat as always, good luck in the playoffs, you will be tough to beat.

Great game and chat as always. Im getting closer to ya, might be able to beat in the final season with a few adjustments.

Without that fumble before HT and managing to get a score it would have been done and dusted though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Colts 30 Ravens 21

The score makes it look a close game but it wasn't realy. Ravens were down three scores entering the 4th quarter

The score was made respectable with a pick 6 and a late TD catch by Torrey Smith

The Ravens GM was quite satisfied with the run defense and pass rush with 8 tackles for loss and Cam Newton was sacked 4 times

However the Colts wide recieving corps must be among the best in the league. They shredded the Ravens secondary :eek:

Desean Jackson and Emmanuel Sanders with 130yds and 98yds. DHB had a key 3rd down conversion and poor Hakeen Nicks can't even get some attention with all the talent here.

Zone coverage and Man coverage was beaten by the Colts time after time. The only thing that worked for the Ravens was blitz like hell and hammer the QB

Flacco threw 2 redzone picks, very costly but was chasing the game a long while.

Elvis Dumbervil returned a fumble over 50 yds for a TD but it was overturned by the booth. Booooooooo :mad:

Good game Rock, good luck for the playoffs

Thanks Mike but i doubt i'll get to the playoffs now, to many stupid games where i lost by 2 or 3 points is gonna cost me. Very happy with my Defense, Was dreading facing ray rice but i done ok on him, but just couldnt stop pitta.

Next up for the Colts is Giffney and the Houston Blitzers, Ive sent Gosder Cherilos home to run at a picture of JJ Watt that ive stook on a Brick wall in preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Who won the 9ers/Hawks sim game? Anyone know?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hawks by 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Niners 38 - Seattle 48

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Shaize

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Whoop whoop ! 2 out of 2! ;)

Advertisement