Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan Harriers 5K race May 11th

Options
  • 19-03-2014 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Lucan Harriers 5K Tom Byrne race is now open for entry on www.precisiontiming.net. Cost is €16.50 online or €20 on the day. Lots of prizes M&F 1,2,3, category prizes, team prizes, spot prizes & junior M&F. Again this we will have a great spread of tea, coffee & refreshments after the race and a goody bag for all finishers

Hope to see lots of you there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Lucan Harriers will be at the K Club 10K race on Saturday morning taking entry for their race on May 11th, with a very special discounted price for Saturday only of €13.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

Have run this race a couple of times - a well-orgainsed athletics club race......nice flat course (with a few sharp turns - the course seems to be the same as when I last ran it judging by the course map) and a great finish on the track to let ya sprint in.....if ya have a sprint left that is :D

Just giving our race a bump up with only two weeks to go, its shaping up to be a great race this year. We have super goody bags with a €10 voucher for Runworx in each one, and lots of super nice things from our local pharmacy Adrian Dunne in each too. The ladies are now busy planning their home baking for the refreshments after & for the first time we will have a video at the finish. enter online at www.precisiontiming.net

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

Looking forward to the Tom Byrne 5k tomorrow - it marks my 1st year as a runner :-) - Good Luck to all Griffeen parkrunners taking part:)

• Advertisement

Amigaman wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Tom Byrne 5k tomorrow - it marks my 1st year as a runner :-) - Good Luck to all Griffeen parkrunners taking part:)

Looking forward to having you all, the goody bags are filled, the cakes are made & all we now is the sun shine & the runners tomorrow morning. You can still enter until about 8pm tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great to run another expertly organized club race. Well done Lucan Harriers!
    I felt a little like Bambi on ice on that bridge in the park. Would probably be quicker splashing through the river!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

hi Krusty
    Couldn't agree more , Great Race lovely atmosphere - and got a PB 23.45 - couldn't ask for more :-) - as regards the old bridge over the Griffeen , being a regular parkrunner there the fastest way to run that bridge when wet is to take a tight rather then a wide line and to cannon of the side of the bridge at about 45 degrees :-) its a little suicidal but it works :-) ( your mileage may vary :) )

Delighted to hear ye enjoyed the race, results are now here http://www.precisiontiming.net/result.aspx?v=1899

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Great race again from Lucan. I was prepared for the tight turn over. The second bridge this time.

Well done guys. Plenty of nice cake at the end too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Heliotrope

Enjoyed that this morning. Weather held off and it was lovely flat course (took another little chunk off a PB I set only last week!). Lots of smiley marshals cheering you on. Looking forward to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭krafty

Heliotrope wrote: »
    took another little chunk off a PB I set only last week!

Me too - all of 4 seconds! :) Great race, thanks! Lovely chocolate cake too.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭krafty

Also, I forgot to say, best goody bag I've ever got.

Did anybody else notice the enormous USSR flag flying out the window of a car that drove past the clubhouse during the race? Any idea what it was about? Tell me I did not hallucinate it at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭davemcmahon

krafty wrote: »

Did anybody else notice the enormous USSR flag flying out the window of a car that drove past the clubhouse during the race? Any idea what it was about? Tell me I did not hallucinate it at least.

Another very well run race by Lucan Harriers, my third year doing it and I'll be back again next year.

I say the flag as well, was pretty hard not to as it was almost as big as the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭plodder

krafty wrote: »

I saw a lot of Russian flags myself in Newbridge house park yesterday. Apparently, it's a holiday in Russia that commemorates the end of world war II.

Advertisement