Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback Appreciated

Options
  • 19-03-2014 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Little e-commerce website for review.

www.perfectprints.ie

I am working on better product images..
    Anything else I should be looking at ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cathal Healy

Too much white space. Everything needs to be tightened up. Content is so sparce on the screen that it's hard to find what is important, there is no obvious path for my eyes to follow and I'm not seeing much content straight away. I'm using a large display and your header takes up about 30 my vertical view with very little justification.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 feelyd

Nice site.

On thing I would look at , is what part of your site is above the fold.

So if you looked at your website on a monitor with low resolution , you would just see your banner.
    The user has to scroll to see the products. Maybe decrease the size of your banner.

I like a lot of white space, it's a lot easier to focus on teh product.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cathal Healy

All things in moderation. White space is important but the large white area's are a major part of the problem you raise. Large amounts of space with nothing in it is pushing important content below the fold. But also the large gaps between content don't provide good eye guidance so the user knows where to look. The colours and everything are pretty nice. it's flat and uncluttered, it all just needs to be tightened up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Thanks so much for the feedback guys...

I'm not sure if the Open Cart template I'm using allows much for the content to be tightened up much more, but what ye both are saying makes sense, I'll see what can be done.

I'm trying to keep the colour theme simple and consistent.

As regards the banner... I like it to fill the width but feel maybe its a tad deep? I was wondering if I reduced the depth to 2/3 of its current depth is there a risk of it looking mean? I've toyed with the idea of moving it down below the category options, does it earn its priority placing - what could I do with the banner to have it earn its position better ??

EDIT:
    I dropped the banner for the moment... Maybe this brings the content / access to content into more focus..

Advertisement