Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web cam is jumpy/slow

Options
  • 19-03-2014 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

I bought a new HP laptop back in September and it has the built in webcam. But I noticed today that the web cam seems to be jumpy/slow/freezing slightly if you know what I mean...

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you've done an offline test of the camera's performance?

Go to the start screen and type Camera, launch the camera app and you'll get a good idea. If its smooth in this app but not in say Skype or something, then its an internet issue not a hardware issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Overheal wrote: »
    you've done an offline test of the camera's performance?

Go to the start screen and type Camera, launch the camera app and you'll get a good idea. If its smooth in this app but not in say Skype or something, then its an internet issue not a hardware issue.

Hi thanks

It seems to be the same. It takes a few seconds to focus.. if u get me.

What should I do now? Disappointed about this.

Thanks for the post. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

well, nothing. Its 6 months old you can't exchange it and clearly this wasnt a big factor in your buying decision.

The only thing to do if you want a better webcam experience is to purchase an external webcam.

Overheal wrote: »
    well, nothing. Its 6 months old you can't exchange it and clearly this wasnt a big factor in your buying decision.

The only thing to do if you want a better webcam experience is to purchase an external webcam.

But it was working perfect when I bought it. I did notice it about a month ago. But as I didn't really use the webcam it wasn't a biggie so to speak.

But now that I wish to contact my bother in the states I would like to appear like my not moving in slow motion..

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Has the system itself slowed down at all? Have you tried updating the video card's drivers?

Nick

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    Has the system itself slowed down at all? Have you tried updating the video card's drivers?

Nick

Hi Nick

The system hasn't slowed down that Iv'e noticed.

Updating the video card's driver? No I haven't done that, not too sure how. :o

Thanks for the post Nick.

What is the laptops model number? I.e: Toshiba Latitude A166 or whatever.. Then we should be able to link you in the correct direction :)

Nick

What is the laptops model number? I.e: Toshiba Latitude A166 or whatever.. Then we should be able to link you in the correct direction :)

Nick

Hi Nick

Its a HP, where would I find the model number on the labtop? I'm not at home at the minute, but as soon as I get home I can post up the model/model number.

job seeker wrote: »
    Hi Nick

Its a HP, where would I find the model number on the labtop? I'm not at home at the minute, but as soon as I get home I can post up the model/model number.

Generally underneath it on a sticker, sometimes somewhere along the screens bezel!

Nick

Generally underneath it on a sticker, sometimes somewhere along the screens bezel!

Nick

Hi Nick.

Its a HP Pavilion g6

Running windows 8

If that's any use to you.

Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭connorfleming

I have the same laptop, and the camera is ok here. To update the video drivers right click on the desktop, and go to AMD Vision Engine Control Centre, and scroll down to the very bottom. Click software update and hit the big button to check for the latest version.

I have the same laptop, and the camera is ok here. To update the video drivers right click on the desktop, and go to AMD Vision Engine Control Centre, and scroll down to the very bottom. Click software update and hit the big button to check for the latest version.

Hi just done that,

No updates available. :(

Whats really annoying me is, that the web cam was perfect when I bought it. Now the webcam is slow.

Thanks anyway. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 311 ✭✭Silverbling

you need to update the bios, hp cams are wobbly at the best of times.

Google update bios for your model, if you are unsure what to do then, ring them but have all of the information written down

you need to update the bios, hp cams are wobbly at the best of times.

Google update bios for your model, if you are unsure what to do then, ring them but have all of the information written down

Hi something like this?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00042629

If this is the correct procedure, Il have a go at it later.

Update:

I'm in the process of updating the BIOS. Is offering me an older version of bios dated: 1/3/2013. My current BIOS is dated: 12/04/2014. Should I update? or in this case downdate.. :P

Continued with the BIOS update to an older version. Still the same problem with the webcam.

Im just after updating the Cyberlink yourcam with an update it gave me... Still the same problem..

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd try any thing to get it working properly at this stage.

Thanks.

Bump Any thing else I could try?

Advertisement