Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a strip club in Dublin

Options
  • 19-03-2014 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hello,

my boyfriend will turn 40 in 6 weeks and has never been to a strip club, so I thought it would make me very popular if I took him to one of these clubs in Dublin city centre.

I have read a few reviews from years back, but I would like to know some fresh feedback (2013 at the earliest) as management and prices may have changed through the infamous recession.

So far I have enquired at the Lapello club because it was the only one I knew, but now I see there are a few more.

Angels
    Secrets
    Playmates
    Garden of Eden
    Barclay Club
    ...any more??

One of the guys at Lapello gave me some info:
    *10 euro entry - there may or may not be girls dancing on the stage, depends how busy the night is
    *Promotion 35 euro for a 3-4 minute lap dance in the (semi-private?) room downstairs + drink
    *90 euro for a 10-minute private dance (for 1 person only). looking for something like this but cheaper in rate not in quality.
    It seemed a small place. Are the others bigger?

What am I looking for? Only the best for my man!
    I would like a place that feels classy (furniture, atmosphere, etc.), give him the chance to experience the thrill of a private dance (with a bit of a strip of course) spending as little as possible, and where we can enjoy the view of sexy ladies (topless would be great or half naked) even after the few private minutes paid for are over. Lap dance, yes, that, too. Lap dance/pole dance included as we sit at the bar or in a private lap dance setting (like in the Lapello promotion).

It won't be a group event, just me and him and the rest of the clientele. So it won't be a bloke night. Not too fussy about the drinks/beer. We're mainly going there for the strip experience.
    Not sure if I forgot anything. I will edit the post if it's the case.

When possible, I will go in person to have a look and enquire, but I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks a lot.

Sandy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

BEST! GIRLFRIEND! EVER!

Try Valentinos on the quays. Is Leggs on Leeson street a strip club?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Most places will not let females in afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

folks remember where you're posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Has to be a wind up €35 for a dance surely no more than twenty.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

xzanti wrote: »

not the case with most...

so i hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

If he's never been to one before are you sure he even wants to go?

I've been to some before and have no interest in them. Anyone who I know who's in to going to them has had other issues going on and they are quite frankly weirdos. (My own experience of the limited people I know, not a judgement on others.)

I just remembered as I was typing. A mate got me a lap dance for my birthday years ago when we were in one and I actually stopped her halfway. It was ridiculous. Not sexy like a girl you're attracted to teasing you before sex. It was just robotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I don't know about Ireland but in Amsterdam a load of us went to a sex show.

I wasn't stopped at the door because of my genitalia......:confused: In fact they were delirah to see a mixed group (albeit mostly males).

Why exclude 50% of the population?? Doesn't make much business sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

valentinos on the north quays heading toward the 02 is a good spot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Just to get back on thread, angels used to be a good haunt back in the day,as was secrets, but just you wait and see this tread turn into a debate about strip clubs and males versus females and how men are disgusting perverts yadayadayada blah blah blah

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I've been to ones with a gf, a few girls went, no problems whatsoever, Berkley, its not seedy inside, quite nice actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 sandypas76

I am getting lots of responses but not many replies to my query really.

I am open-minded and non-judgemental.
    It's just an experience, just for fun. I don't see the need to moralise. I am curious myself. We are both curious.
    I don't think I need to explain the reasons behind my intention, but I know what I am doing.
    There are reasons why he hasn't gone to a strip club before and there are reasons why he is curious to try this experience now, and he will be happy to be there with me, and I am not jealous or afraid of anything. We are a normal couple, very open, honest and loving with each other. It's just for fun.

Now, back to my question, please stick to feedback and not personal judgement of my man's profile.

Can anyone pass a link for Valentino's as I can't find any contact details anywhere. Thanks.

Right, after discussion with the OP I have decided to reopen this thread. I have deleted a lot of off topic & unhelpful posts. From here on in, on topic posts only. Any off topic, unhelpful or just plain stupid posts will be deleted and the poster will be subject to an infraction/ban, no warnings

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

Lapello is a good spot, can have a drink and a convo there without being bothered too much. Buy the promotional offer on the door, then if you want to give him a real birthday treat upgrade it to the 90 euro offer. Ask them to play Mimi's song too.

ManofStraw wrote: »
    Ask them to play Mimi's song too.

Any particular reason? Is it a slow song, long song?
    I enquired at the Barclay Club in the meantime. Their private dance is even more expensive (150Eur for 15 minutes) but the interiors and private rooms are really nice!
    I'm divided now! I need at least a third option.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

maguic24 wrote: »
    I don't know about Ireland but in Amsterdam a load of us went to a sex show.

I wasn't stopped at the door because of my genitalia......:confused: In fact they were delirah to see a mixed group (albeit mostly males).

Why exclude 50% of the population?? Doesn't make much business sense.

I was only referring to the ones in Dublin.. I don't know about anywhere else..

May have changed now but a few years ago I was with a group and we decided to go in for the craic, myself and one other girl with a few lads and we were turned away.. when I asked why, I was told it was just policy and that this was the case with most places.

I was only referring to the ones in Dublin.. I don't know about anywhere else..

May have changed now but a few years ago I was with a group and we decided to go in for the craic, myself and one other girl with a few lads and we were turned away.. when I asked why, I was told it was just policy and that this was the case with most places.

Odd. Ugh, so I'll have to get a plane ticket to Amsterdam (or England) for a lap dance??? FFS, this country is the pits. Where's the phone, I'm going to call Joe! :mad:

maguic24 and xzanti, this is not your thread...
    Stick to my question please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

sandypas76 wrote: »

Jaysus, if you want him to experience it just stick them all in a hat and pull 1 out, their all much the same anyway,you'll just pay for some eastern European doll to get her tits out no matter where you go

If you have a problem with a post, report it, don't continue the off topic by responding

Sorry I didn't mean to drag your thread of topic, but did you check to make sure the places you rang allow females in??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

A freind of mine went into of those places when he was locked drunk and ended up spending 300euro for the night. Lets just say that lap dancing is not the only "service" some of those clubs offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

This is a discussion forum, not Yahoo answers.

Mr.S wrote: »
    In other news, the sky is blue.

Maybe its my naivety but I wasnt aware these places could get away with operating as brothels on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Jumboman wrote: »
    Maybe its my naivety but I wasnt aware these places could get away with operating as brothels on the side.

I'd imagine like in most cities, provided there's no violence or other reported crime and regular brown envelopes change hands, then everyone's a winner :rolleyes:

Max001 wrote: »
    I'd imagine like in most cities, provided there's no violence or other reported crime and regular brown envelopes change hands, then everyone's a winner :rolleyes:

But operating a brothel is a crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

VERY LAST TIME. Stick to recommendations or the thread will be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Markot

Hi Sandy,

Just spotted your topic!! Theres 4 of us heading to Dublin for the weekend tonight! Ages from 38 to 41 - Two fun couples that want a laugh and an experience and want to visit a club!

The ladies want to go more than we do really to see it! Their a little "mad" :)!

So ive bee looking and spotted The Barclay Club! I called them and they said ladies are very welcome!

So just wondering what your experience was like??

Thanks
    Mark

Advertisement