Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business premesis rental , question ?

Options
  • 19-03-2014 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I've a unit in South Dublin that was a shop. I've done some small changes to it to help kit it out for the new remnants who want to use it as office space as regards partition walls toilets etc.

Met them this evening to go over security codes keys etc and they want it to be fitted with computer points , rewired for electrics , carpeted and went so far as to say I should provide desks etc.

I told them it was as agreed , relaid out but all fit out costs were up to them. This is how I take my own commercial units when I need them but have I got it wrong all my commercial renting life ? Should I be setting out the unit to suit the tenant ?

All responses appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You can let it as is and leave the fit out to the tenant, they're taking the p1ss asking for desks!
    They can also be required to leave the premises as they found it.

Have they signed the lease already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I am not sure I understand what you are asking here. A lease can have any additions you like, all you have to do is agree between you as to what you will provide and what the charges etc are for the package. Of course, you can lay down what facilities you are prepared to include, terms etc and they can take it or leave it.
    This sounds like you offered one thing, they accepted and now they want something else. As already asked, have they signed the lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

Thanks for the replies.

There was no lease signed at that stage.

There is a shortage of office in the area and it was converted from a shop to an office for this tenant. They originally wanted office space and they agreed to take it with just a layout change agreed and done over 2 weeks. Last night they backed out , were told to eff off , after they said that I should have laid it out for them including electrical and furnishings. It was the furnishings when I lost the rag.

I've neither rented a commercial unit nor rented one out before (moving to a bigger premesis meant renting this out as it's not the time to sell yet) and didn't know if the full fit out was the norm as they tried.

I've already relet it (thank god ) to a nice Kildare lad on a start up , and all he wanted was the keys. ;-)

Thanks again.

Advertisement