Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown 21-03-2014 *Spoilers*

• 19-03-2014 4:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

The following are the results from Smackdown taped in Houston, Texas
    * JBL and Michael Cole came out first.

* Kane comes to the ring and talks about what Triple H did to Daniel Bryan on RAW. Kane calls it best for business. Kane says Bryan deserved everything that happened to him and what will happen at WrestleMania. Kane has a letter from Triple H about how everyone, talents and fans, needs to respect The Authority. This gets boos for Kane as he leaves the ring.

* Fernando defeated Fandango when El Torito and Diego distracted Summer Rae, which distracted Fandango.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Damien Sandow.

* The Wyatt Family cut a promo on John Cena on the big screen.

* Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose vs. 3MB vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. Cesaro and Jack Swagger in a #1 contender's match is up next. The match ended in a no contest. A huge brawl broke out. Kane ran down and laid out Roman Reigns at ringside. Reigns and Kane fought up the ramp until The New Age Outlaws came out to help beat down Reigns. Kane and The Outlaws ended up beating down The Shield and standing over them.

* Miz TV with Big Show turns into a battle royal with the rest of the participants in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Miz announces he's in the match at WrestleMania. Show ends up getting the win after eliminating Sheamus last.

* Backstage segment with Emma and Santino Marella is next.

* Alberto Del Rio beat Big E in a non-title match.

* The Bella Twins beat Summer Rae and Natalya. AJ Lee was on commentary and Tamina Snuka was at ringside.

* Backstage segment with the heel tag teams from the #1 contender's match. Kane gives title shots to Rybaxel and The Real Americans for helping with The Shield. 3MB are put into the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

* Lana and Alexander Rusev come to the stage for another segment.

* John Cena defeated Luke Harper with the Attitude Adjustment out of nowhere. Bray Wyatt and Erick Rowan hit the ring but Cena escaped and taunted them from the stage to end SmackDown.
    Per Wrestling Inc.
    A few things. I think Rollins was laid out instead of Reigns. Otherwise how would Reigns and Kane fight up the ramp and Reigns be laid out if Rollins wasn't there?

Secondly, well done Liz on calling Kane and NAO vs The Shield at WM. Looking like a lock now.

Thirdly, I imagine Rybaxel will get there shot before WM and The Real Americans will face them at WM, unless it's a triple threat (Although seeing how Vince hates triple threats at WM I can't see that happening)

Finally, fcuking Super Cena beating Harper. Unless Harper looks like the amazing wrestler he is in this match I will be annoyed!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll be honest; I kind of feel the ball has been dropped with The Shield over the last few weeks.

I'm guessing the split will happen at Mania now with Ambrose joining The Authority or something, but it's a shame that the trio aren't going to get to have a great match together at Mania. Think they could have stolen the show :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I could suggest a LOT of people more deserving of that spot than the absolutely pits poor New Age Outlaws. Amazing they shove so many upper to midcard talents into a meaningless battle royal yet they still find a match for them at Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Old Age Outlaws can suck it tbh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

GTR63 wrote: »
    I could suggest a LOT of people more deserving of that spot than the absolutely pits poor New Age Outlaws. Amazing they shove so many upper to midcard talents into a meaningless battle royal yet they still find a match for them at Mania.

By all means.

They have name value, they're over with fans.

I do agree it's a waste of the Shields talent but there you go. I'm happy they are being kept together for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

mrkiscool2 wrote: »

Thirdly, I imagine Rybaxel will get there shot before WM and The Real Americans will face them at WM, unless it's a triple threat (Although seeing how Vince hates triple threats at WM I can't see that happening)
    Isnt Cesaro in the Andre match?
    Finally, fcuking Super Cena beating Harper. Unless Harper looks like the amazing wrestler he is in this match I will be annoyed!

Top guy beats mid carder who almost never wins. Shocker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll be honest; I kind of feel the ball has been dropped with The Shield over the last few weeks.

I'm guessing the split will happen at Mania now with Ambrose joining The Authority or something, but it's a shame that the trio aren't going to get to have a great match together at Mania. Think they could have stolen the show :(

I was in the same boat but now wanna see them as a face trio for a while longer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Liked Smackdown a lot. Luke Harper was really good in his role as a roadblock for Cena and the Kane-Shield angle was far, far better than expected I really want to see the six man now. The way the announcers talked up the Andre Battle Royale reminded me of the focused hype job you would get on a late 80s/early 90s episode of Superstars.

El Torito chasing Summer Rae's red dress is all kind of buys:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Top guy beats mid carder who almost never wins. Shocker.
    Well, if you understood context you know I wasn't annoyed Cena won, I was annoyed because he did his usual Super Cena sh1te. But sure, who has time for actually reading when you can make the easy put-down right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Well, if you understood context you know I wasn't annoyed Cena won, I was annoyed because he did his usual Super Cena sh1te. But sure, who has time for actually reading when you can make the easy put-down right?

You hadnt seen the match yet. Unless you were at the taping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You hadnt seen the match yet. Unless you were at the taping?

---
    John Cena defeated Luke Harper with the Attitude Adjustment out of nowhere.

From the OP, seems like a reasonable description of a Super-Cena moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement