Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex : The Fall

Options
  • 19-03-2014 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Just seen this on STEAM now, an it's only 10 dollars.
    It doesn't look like an expansion and seems to have new characters and created on the same engine.

I searched the forum but no previous news or info on the game...

Anyone heard of it or played it ? ..it appears to be a port ?
    Deus Ex: The Fall is set in 2027– a golden era for science, technology and human augmentation, but also a time of great social divide and global conspiracy. Powerful corporations have seized control from governments and command the drug supply needed by augmented humans to survive. In this chaos Ben Saxon, a former British SAS Mercenary who underwent physical augmentation, is desperate for the truth behind the drug conspiracy. Betrayed by his private military employers, the Tyrants, not only is his own life at risk but for all augmented humans, time is running out…
    Developed in collaboration with the original DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION® team at Eidos-Montréal and N-Fusion; Deus Ex: The Fall includes full Steam Achievements, Mouse & Keyboard control configurations, and Control Pad support.

Looking at the STEAM recommendations...all 5 on front page are negative
    I bought this because I respected the effort that was put into the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I was not expecting much from this but I have to say that it's worse than I thought it'd be
    Horrible mobile port. Just horrible. Stay clear!
    Broken mess on release. Button prompts are faulty, but more importantly, the sound for cutscenes and effects will break constantly
    First i like to mention that Deus Ex is my favourite Game of all time, and Deus Ex:Human Revolution was my GOTY 2011, but Deus Ex: The Fall has very little in common to both of them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Yikes. I just checked out the review and it isn't even for the PC version. If this is a horrible port of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Yikes. I just checked out the review and it isn't even for the PC version. If this is a horrible port of this...

The cover looks to have the same guy,,,,
    So it's not even a console port over...it's from an Apple iOS ?....

It brings up another interesting question...I'm sure the answer is on the interwebs somewhere (and I'm not gonna create a new thread for it)....but how exactly does STEAM choose it's frontpage games. Is it the company pays them per week or for a certain time period ?
    As you have certain AAA titles that stay there for ages.....but then you have some Indie titles...that surely have nowhere near the advertising budget...who also seem to be for weeks on end.
    Then you get crap like this splashed to the front Featured section too

I would imagine being on the front page increases sales by a significant amount

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It's the same game, yeah. Article on it here. This is the 'first of a series'.

Advertisement