Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to win an iPad? Complete our short survey to be in with a chance to win!

Options
  • 19-03-2014 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

We'd really appreciate your feedback and ideas to help us improve our Appliance Calculator app for you.

android-appCalc.jpg
    Please download the Electric Ireland Appliance Calculator app on your iPhone/iPad (from the App Store) or your Android device (from Google Play) and familiarise yourself with the app. Then complete this survey to be in with a chance to win an iPad! The seven-question survey should only take a few minutes to complete. Looking forward to your feedback. :)

The competition runs until midnight 4th April. The winner will be selected at random and our usual T&Cs apply.

All the best!

Electric Ireland team, Boards.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mr321

Hi folks,

We'd really appreciate your feedback and ideas to help us improve our Appliance Calculator app for you.

Please download the Electric Ireland Appliance Calculator app on your iPhone/iPad here or on your Android device here and familiarise yourself with the app. Then complete this survey to be in with a chance to win an iPad! The seven-question survey should only take a few minutes to complete. Looking forward to your feedback.

The winner will be selected at random and our usual T&Cs apply.

All the best!

Its a great app guys! Its great to see it updated with more appliances as when I first got it it was missing a good few of what I used. Now Ive updated it and most seem to be there except for a compressor which would go in garden/workshop as some households would have a small 2.5Hp compressor maybe bigger I stand to be corrected.

Would be interesting to know what they used.

Other then that I cant see any other problems with it as I said before its a good app and comes in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ciars_76

Mr321 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Please download the Electric Ireland Appliance Calculator app on your iPhone/iPad here or on your Android device here and familiarise yourself with the app. Then complete this survey to be in with a chance to win an iPad! The seven-question survey should only take a few minutes to complete. Looking forward to your feedback.

All the best!

Its a great app guys! Its great to see it updated with more appliances as when I first got it it was missing a good few of what I used. Now Ive updated it and most seem to be there except for a compressor which would go in garden/workshop as some households would have a small 2.5Hp compressor maybe bigger I stand to be corrected.

Would be interesting to know what they used.

Other then that I cant see any other problems with it as I said before its a good app and comes in handy.
    A useful app that will make me consider my energy usage and carbon footprint, which can only be a good thing .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DMD9

Pretty handy with a decent layout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Hi, Anyone know how to get past the 2nd question : Which of the following statements is most true in your case in relation to when you last used the Appliance Calculator app?

I was answering - "I received a higher energy bill than usual"

It keeps saying : icon_validation_error.gifThis question requires an answer.

Wouldn't let me submit the survey with this. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi ciaramc,

Thanks for your post, are you still having trouble completing the survey? Which browser are you using? Are you completing this through a desktop computer or mobile device?

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭stan 117

Hi ciaramc,

Thanks for your post, are you still having trouble completing the survey? Which browser are you using? Are you completing this through a desktop computer or mobile device?

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    same prob here
    using firefox on desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Hi folks,

All the best!

errrr, so to win an iPAD, you already have to OWN an iPAD or android or smart device?!!
    What about us poor souls who only have a PC or laptop???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

What a silly competition.You must have an ipad/iphone to win an ipad.Could it not have been made open to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭stan 117

What a silly competition.You must have an ipad/iphone to win an ipad.Could it not have been made open to everyone.
    Please download the Electric Ireland Appliance Calculator app on your iPhone/iPad here or on your Android device here and familiarise yourself with the app.

pretty clear

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Louis Jr

Done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

very clean and easy to use app.  The survey is also very simple and straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    any chance of making an app for a windows phone...sounds like it would be really useful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

done as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Thanks Aoife, Got it working :)

Have the app since early last year, so well used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I have tried to download the app to my ipad from your link but it is going to a screen saying that iTunes must be installed. However I have my iTunes App Store active.

Anyone know what is wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi dixiefly,

Thanks for your post. All you need to do is go straight into the App Store from your iPad and search for the Appliance Calculator. You don't need to use the link provided in our initial post.

If you have any problems or need further assistance please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Handy little app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Survey completed - very helpful to have an app that's designed to save you money instead of trying to get you to spend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Hi folks,

All the best!

Hinky linky; the iPhone one leads to "Download iTunes for free"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

So when does the survey close and the winner get announced? I don't see the date anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

MBSnr wrote:
    So when does the survey close and the winner get announced? I don't see the date anywhere.

Thanks guys, we've now updated the original post. Thw winner will be announced on Thursday 5th April at around lunchtime (entries are open until midnight 4th April).

If you require any further assistance we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 1 petoors40

Hi folks,

android-appCalc.jpg
    Please download the Electric Ireland Appliance  Calculator app on your iPhone/iPad (from the App Store) or your  Android device (from Google Play) and familiarise yourself with the app.  Then complete this survey to be in with a chance to win an iPad! The seven-question  survey should only take a few minutes to complete. Looking forward to  your feedback. :)

The competition runs until midnight 4th April. The winner will be selected at random and our usual T&Cs apply.

All the best!

Handy App! Downloaded a while ago and already showing a saving :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ciars_76

Will us app when warmer warmer is upon us and calculate  and compare season differences.An app that you can benefit from  all year round can only be a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Fran79 wrote: »
    Hi
    any chance of making an app for a windows phone...sounds like it would be really useful. :)
    So never got a reply to this..........any chance that this will ever be in the pipeline? or laptop / pc based?

Thanks

Fran

Hi Fran,

Thanks for your post, sorry for the delay of our reply. We've been in touch with the department responsible for building our apps, and they are looking at how they can improve our services. I've passed on your feedback regarding making the app accessible for Windows phones. We can't confirm at the moment when or if it'll be available but they have taken your comments on board.

Thanks for getting in touch,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ChristoP

Originally posted by Qualitymark
    Originally posted by MBSnr

Thanks guys, we've now updated the original post. Thw winner will be announced on Thursday 5th April at around lunchtime (entries are open until midnight 4th April).

If you require any further assistance we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David
    Hi David

Just noticed you said Thursday the 5th? Shouldnt that be today the 3April? ;-)

Great app by the way- any way you can link it to your account to track your monthly usage and compare it to an average?
    Lastly can Electric Ireland not develop something similar to the Belkin Wemo Automation Switch so you can remotely control appliances alike your own Climote?
    Looking forward to look further into app.

Chris

Hi Chris,

That's great feedback, thanks! The competition will be running until midnight tonight, sorry for any confusion. You can currently track your usage through your Online Billing account. You can access your usage by selecting the "Account overview" tab, and then "meter reading history". There, your consumption is recorded, and also on what type of reading it was based (estimated or actual). If you select "usage history", then you can see a graph showing your usage to gain a better understanding of when your usage increases and decreases and compare it to previous years.

Thank you for your suggestions, I've passed them on the team responsible for developing our apps.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Hi All,

A big thank you to everyone who took the time to have a look at our Appliance Calculator and complete our survey.

The winner of the iPad, chosen randomly is...Lorweld! Send us a PM with your address Lorweld, and we'll arrange to have this sent out to you.

Thanks again to everyone who took part!

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement