Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kelp Care, has anyone tried it?

• 19-03-2014 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I stumbled across an Irish made product called Kelp Care this morning. They make 3 of them apparently, one for dogs, one for cats and one for horses. It claims to do a lot of things and I was just wondering if anyone had tried it and if so is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

which kelp is in it ? i use ascophylum nodosum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Is it the Seahorse kelp website? I've been looking at that as well and wondering if it's any good so interested to hear if anyone has tried it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

juniord wrote: »
    It doesn't specify, just says is a blend of seaweed

there is lots of variation in kelp , you would really need to know which variety it contains to know if its any use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

there is lots of variation in kelp , you would really need to know which variety it contains to know if its any use
    Yeah, it's the fact that it's so vague on the types of seaweed involved that stopped me ordering.

• Advertisement

i get 5kg @€;12.50 in an equestrian suppliers ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Is that the same ingredient used in PlaqueOff for dental care?
    www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_health/dog_dental_care/dog_toohbrushes_pastes/202349

Ingredients
    Raw material from 100% algae flour (ascophyllum nodosum). Only contains this specially selected algae.

I tried PlaqueOff before and my dog had loose stools on it.

In saying that Seahorse kelp is getting great reviews online.

I feed Barking Heads dog food which has a small amount of seaweed in it.

odckdo wrote: »
    Is that the same ingredient used in PlaqueOff for dental

i think so i raw feed and give raw bones so between the kelp and bones the dogs teeth are like pearls, laminaria kelp is very good

Advertisement