Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preserved Balbriggan Gone?

Options
  • 19-03-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi, it appears one of the only decent place to get cake and lunch in town is gone.
    Anyone any idea what happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Not sure. I heard over the weekend they had shut down towards the end of last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Shame, I need to order some decent quality food for a party and cant think of anywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Yep it's closed down :(
    I tried to order one of their tarts last week and got a text to say they were closed. Afterwards I googled the name and it is coming up on some estate agent websites as for rent at EUR 22,000 per year. Sounds like crazy money so maybe that was too much for them even though they always seemed to be doing well. You will would need to sell a huge amount of coffees, sambos and cakes to cover that. A real shame, their food was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yep it's closed down :(
    I tried to order one of their tarts last week and got a text to say they were closed. Afterwards I googled the name and it is coming up on some estate agent websites as for rent at EUR 22,000 per year. Sounds like crazy money so maybe that was too much for them even though they always seemed to be doing well. You will would need to sell a huge amount of coffees, sambos and cakes to cover that. A real shame, their food was lovely.

€22,000 a year for a small space in a regional town would be absolute insanity. I can't see how that's justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Good news - notice in the window that it's re-opening next month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Great! Best quality food around :-)

Nodster wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Nodster wrote: »

Fantastic!!!

Advertisement