Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VDSL cabinet query

Options
  • 19-03-2014 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hello,

There is a VDSL cabinet at the entrance to The Maples estate. It was one of the first ones to be put in place last year but it still has not been commissioned over 6 months later. I suspect it still has no power too. Do you know what the delay is, as subsequent cabinets have been installed in the area and are now live and connected to Bettystown exchange (BSZ)

Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gamblor101 wrote: »
    Hello,

There is a VDSL cabinet at the entrance to The Maples estate. It was one of the first ones to be put in place last year but it still has not been commissioned over 6 months later. I suspect it still has no power too. Do you know what the delay is, as subsequent cabinets have been installed in the area and are now live and connected to Bettystown exchange (BSZ)

Brian

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi gamblor101

I can confirm there are delays in Bettystown however the cabinet serving the maples is definitely on the list to be commissioned. Efibre operations have informed me that they hope to have this commissioned within the next three months however at this moment in time they cannot offer me a better indication or reason for the delays.

I recommend getting back to me in the end of April and hopefully I will have more news on this.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

Hello,

Brian

Hi gamblor101

I can confirm there are delays in Bettystown however the cabinet serving the maples is definitely on the list to be commissioned. Efibre operations have informed me that they hope to have this commissioned within the next three months however at this moment in time they cannot offer me a better indication or reason for the delays.

I recommend getting back to me in the end of April and hopefully I will have more news on this.

Thanks
    Al
    Hello Al,
    It's four months later and still no Efibre at this cabinet. There was some work at it. It appears to be commissioned for some weeks. Can you look into what is the delay now please?

Brian

Hello,

Brian

Hi gamblor101

Thanks
    Al
    Hello Al,
    It's four months later and still no Efibre at this cabinet. There was some work at it. It appears to be commissioned for some weeks. Can you look into what is the delay now please?

Brian
    Hi Brian,

There's is till yet to be an agreed date for the activation of this cabinet I'm sorry to say, I'll get back to efibre operations to see if there is an indication although the last indication offered was not very acurate. I'll be back to you a little later on Brian.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

Hello Al,

Can you provide any clarity on when this cabinet will be available to order e-fibre.

Brian

Hello Al,

Can you provide any clarity on when this cabinet will be available to order e-fibre.

Brian
    Hi gamblor101

There is still no official launch date agreed I'm sorry to say. I'm unable to offer an indication as this something efibre operations cannot offer me beyond that it should be within the next few months.

Sorry gamblor101

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement