Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Na Mbads cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

No not in the city, we aren't really city folk or is doesn't mean anything to us..might end up travelling further for it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Kazbah wrote: »
    Dromquinna in Killarney is divine
    Do you want to be close to Cork City though.
    I think Jacob's on the Mall would be cool to book out

Dromquinna is in Kenmare is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

If you dont mind a drive then aherlow house hotel is really nice. We had a wedding there a few years ago and the setting is unreal. Its almost in the middle of a forrest in a big valley. If you get a nice sunny day its as nice as anywhere.
    The hotel itself was nice, food was lovely and it less than 90mins from cork. The setting is what makes it so special tho. The hotel isnt huge but they have houses onsite that you can rent per night.

Oh yes Dromquinna is sorry I was answering the question did we want Cork City. Aherlow is actualy very pretty!! Mmmm includes a lot for the package might be worth a look. Thanks all I got Glebe Gardens, and Coolbawn and Aherlow.. Not to out of the ordinary but still quite nice a well priced.. Thank you too all if these don't work tis off to the castle we go

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Sorry Dromquinna is Kenmare.
    Down that way Parknasilla is also lovely.
    Heading East I was at one in Marlfield House, Gorey. AMAZING!!

Defo look up Inishbeg - so cute

There's a place in Clon too - Fernhill or something out near Inchadonney
    Lissard estate or something is out West too. I'm bad on names.

• Advertisement

We have been to a few weddings in Fernhill and it is lovely but a lot of my cousins have got married there id hate to step on the toes and it is a bit too hotel like... Inis beg I would think is loverly we did look into it, it is just the travel for people and I don't think they have enough rooms for everyone..

Got the brochures from Aherlow and Cool Bawn there, Aherlow does look quite nice their prices are very good. Coolbawn I slightly worry about after reading a few reviews on trip advisor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Kazbah wrote: »

There's a place in Clon too - Fernhill or something out near Inchadonney
    Lissard estate or something is out West too. I'm bad on names.

the most popular around clon is dunmore house hotel which has great views of inchadoney, then these days probably fern hill which is in the town and has nice gardens, then the actual inchadoney hotel and the celtic ross in rosscarberry is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Sean Na Mbads was sold on the 2nd of April according to the Property price register, must keep an eye on it to see if it reopens.

Only went for €150k!

Nice spot for that price... Sorted on the search anywho thanks folks have found the venue.. But back to Seans it would be great to see it re-opening loverly spot

Where did ye opt for milly? If it was one of my reccomnendations i want an invite!!

• Advertisement

Where did ye opt for milly? If it was one of my reccomnendations i want an invite!!

In the end we got somewhere in between twas one of the first ones we looked at and like Kylie said "cant get it out of my head" haha. Blackwater Castle tis class, bit pricer that what we had planned but still it is sweet...

Milly33 wrote: »
    In the end we got somewhere in between twas one of the first ones we looked at and like Kylie said "cant get it out of my head" haha. Blackwater Castle tis class, bit pricer that what we had planned but still it is sweet...
    Never been there but heard its a nice spot. Have a great day. Im still available if you need numbers lol.

Ill keep you in mind thanks red... Well if you any good at cleaning or helping out well be looking!! Ah it is lovely off the road, loadsa things to do there spot on cant wait

Advertisement