Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AirBnB

Options
  • 19-03-2014 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi has anyone here used this?

I set up an account just yesterday and I've messaged tons of people but only got one reply - that the dates were unavailable. I have my passport and LinkedIn verified in addition to email and phone and a decent, normal picture so they know I'm not a weirdo or scammer.

I can see that it's a pretty chilled, no-frills BnB situation but is it normal to not get feedback within a day? 100% response rate for some of those listings can't be true.

Maybe it's so casual that few depend on the income so aren't quick to get in touch?

Update: OK I'm getting lots of approvals now, it's good! I just reserved a place, it looks great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Hi, I've used AirBnB a few times, just for holidays though and stayed in some really nice places at reasonable rates. Last time I used it was in Toronto a few months ago, had a gorgeous apartment downtown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Used it myself when I got to Toronto. Very handy and way better priced than hotels. Does take a while for replies. Some people never reply while others take a day or two. You'll get sorted in the end with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Myself and my girlfriend booked a place in Vancouver for a few days in September over the weekend. We messaged the owner, told her we'd be on holidays for a few days in Vancouver. She got back to us overnight and she approved our stay. We booked it the next morning.We got a lovely place on Burrard Street next to the Scotiabank cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Well that's a nice list of feedback, anyone else that is thinking about this option can take comfort that it's a decent option. It's a nice alternative to hostels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Well that's a nice list of feedback, anyone else that is thinking about this option can take comfort that it's a decent option. It's a nice alternative to hostels too.

I think Roomarama was better cos they didnt take the money til you got there and were happy with what was advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

^^ I read the AirBnB service guide and it says that the money spent stays in their account until after arrival. So I guess either later in the day they assume that you have arrived, or perhaps the host does something online? I didn't see any protection for me like you say about are you happy with your stay. At least they won't get money until the day of arrival. There could have been other words that told more about who it works, I just remember the gist of it now. I'll keep that in mind about Roomorama, that's good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

^^ I read the AirBnB service guide and it says that the money spent stays in their account until after arrival. So I guess either later in the day they assume that you have arrived, or perhaps the host does something online? I didn't see any protection for me like you say about are you happy with your stay. At least they won't get money until the day of arrival. There could have been other words that told more about who it works, I just remember the gist of it now. I'll keep that in mind about Roomorama, that's good to know.

Having said that, it was two years ago. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I've used it in loads of places so far and love it! I just put my spare room up there last week on it and got loads of replies almost instantly!!

Advertisement