Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccer forum ban

Options
  • 19-03-2014 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

ok so here is an easy one. to be honest i dont expect it to be over turned as i am in the wrong technically. but i really need this to be over turned so im pleading my case in the hope that i get the access i need.

why i was banned
    third yellow so 2 week ban

why i need access
    im going to a liverpool game next week. next wednesday v sunderland. i have requested info on the soccer travel section of the soccer forum. i have gotten some info already but since its my first time over i was hoping to get more advice before traveling. the two weeks wont be up before then.

what happened briefly
    when entering the (manchester united) forum today just before 9am. i noticed people where discussing the liverpool man utd game from the weekend. they where talking about an article which mentioned a section of fans who where singing about a controversial subject. I.e: hilsborough.

one person was defending the singing saying that the song was about another tragedy and not this one.

i pipped in and said that he was being a silly child for talking like that and that these songs and people who try to get one up on each other by singing such songs, dont belong in the game.

the reason for the warning
    i called him a silly child and therefore i attacked the poster and not the post.

action taken
    i pm'd the mod after my surprise of a ban. the mod seems strict about this course of action and when i stated my case they told me "do not bring hilsborough into it" which to me seems like they didnt even read my post before banning me. that after all was the reason for my post. i tried talking to them but they seem uninterested in resolving this. they have helped me with some info for the game that i need but again i was hoping to use this thread to get some advice. i dont want to go somewhere new without getting a bit of friendly advice from others that have experience.

now i do have a history of getting silly yellows and stuff. ive been a sily child myself. but since then i have done my best to behave. ive taken a break from here and come back and not try to upset anyone. i called this guy a silly child for making fun of a tragedy and now he is laughing and posting while i am banned?

surely someone here has common sense to see that while i accept i shouldnt call anyone a "silly child" it is hardly something that is worth me being banned for.

even if i could just be allowed access to the travel forum? i just really need to get all the help i can before flying out.

please take a look at my case and see if you can help

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

From your post
    your either a very silly child who knows absolutely f*ck all

or

your a wum who should be banned from boards for life because of even pretending that its ok to sing songs like tha

So you make 2 attacks on the poster, and are also backseat modding by accusing another poster of potentially being a wum

Yellow card definitely deserved on either count, and ban upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this.

I would add that you have previously been banned from Soccer for a month (by an Admin) for using an alt account (more here) which is against site rules. The local mods have not considered this under the "totting up process" and could easily have (or indeed permanently banned you for this), so in my view you are getting off very lightly here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Beasty wrote: »
    From your post

So you make 2 attacks on the poster, and are also backseat modding by accusing another poster of potentially being a wum

Yellow card definitely deserved on either count, and ban upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this.

I would add that you have previously been banned from Soccer for a month (by an Admin) for using an alt account (more here) which is against site rules. The local mods have not considered this under the "totting up process" and could easily have (or indeed permanently banned you for this), so in my view you are getting off very lightly here

so your using what ive admitted to as evidence of extra stuff??

wow

alt account?

listen thats grand forget it. i was ok if you upheld it but seriously this kind of talk is just rubbish.

good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement