Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What can I do with MS Credit?

• 19-03-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I received an email over the weekend stating that my XBox points had been converted into cash and added to my Live account set to expire on 1/6. I didn't know I even had XBox points. Since I no longer own an XBox, don't plan on buying one and don't have a Windows 8 phone, it looks like the money will just revert to MS on 1/6? But maybe there's some other use for it?

Can I use it to buy Win 8 games for my PC? Gift it to my nephew (who has an XBox account)? It's less than a tenner, so not a major loss, but I'd prefer it in my pocket (or someone I like) more than in Microsoft's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I think you can only use it from the xbox dashboard. You could probably retrieve your gamertag on your nephew's xbox and buy something from there. When it's downloaded you can delete you gamertag and your nephew can play away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Should be able to use it across MS services on any platform so you should be able to buy apps for Windows 8 or a subscription/songs on xbox music for example, so long as you are using the same email address you used for your Xbox.

Advertisement