Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Beer Mile Championships 28/6

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

To follow on from the outright book I was thinking the prop bets markets finally done up

Number of Pukes* - Over 1.5 @ 4/6, Under 11/10

* multiple pukes from same athlete (meno) do not count

New Irish Record - Yes 7/4 No 4/9

Krusty v the Field - Krusty 9/2 The Field 1/7

Working on getting Betting in Running for the event :P

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Good luck to allrunners competitors tomorrow. Looks like there's been some serious beer training going on.

I just hope the poor park cleaner upper has a good hose to clean up the residue...:eek:

Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Right decided to do one last session this evening after my race. The idea was a speed session: 2 x James Boags off 40 secs recovery. I wanted to test out the bottle opener in practice before the big day. It was a distaster.

The times of both beers were 34 and 37, but it took me 15 seconds to open up the second bottle using the bottle opener I had, which seems the best of a bad lot, so my 40 sec recovery was really 55.

I've learned a lot from this session. I will be reverting back to the twist off approach and using my t-shirt for grip. Too much time lost fiddling with a bottle opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Choices, Choices....

6b592c29-e8aa-44a1-b03f-16111656098b_zps5cecf766.jpg

... and 2 new beers enter the fray. I had a quicker split on the Brookyln's Summer Ale (32s) compared to the Mama's Little Yella Pils (34s) but I preferred the latter. Tough one. Might depend on the stock in the Off Licence. They looked a little low on Mama's.

I'd put Krusty as joint favourite with TRR for the event this year. It could come down to the Beers Vs Cans choice ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Right. I'll be at the Horse and Hound Cabinteely from 6 for second half of Brazil Chile anyone else welcome to meet there and jog down to stadium at 6:45. (KC or someone local ish- do u mind meeting us there for those who don't know the way!)

Race at 7pm sharp

Immeadiately following - we jog to the 145 to go into O'briens in town.

This is the plan. Be there or be a complete loser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Complete loser here.
    Work strikes again. I'll be doing my running on an invisible leash no further than 5 minutes from the house today :(
    Hope you all have a blast, lots of incriminating pictures please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

drquirky wrote: »
    Right. I'll be at the Horse and Hound Cabinteely from 6 for second half of Brazil Chile anyone else welcome to meet there and jog down to stadium at 6:45. (KC or someone local ish- do u mind meeting us there for those who don't know the way!)

Race at 7pm sharp

I'll pop in for you around 6:30!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Footwear related question: What type of shoes are people wearing for the race? Road running shoes? Racing flats? Spikes?

Also, I assume people are bringing a spare pair of clothes for the pub after? No way we'd all get in looking like a bunch of smelly runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Footwear related question: What type of shoes are people wearing for the race? Road running shoes? Racing flats? Spikes?

Also, I assume people are bringing a spare pair of clothes for the pub after? No way we'd all get in looking like a bunch of smelly runners.
    Spikes are a definite non-runner. Having run on St Coca's cinder track last night, I can certify that this is a pretty poor example, but you wouldn't wear spikes on St. Coca's cinder either. Racing flats or running shoes will be fine. Change of clothes is a good idea, but I wouldn't bring any valuables, unless you're also bringing someone to mind them.

Also, if you need one, don't forget your bottle-opener!

I'll have my car parked nearby if anyone wants to stash any valuables/change of clothes etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

drquirky wrote: »

Race at 7pm sharp

ha ha ;) looking forward to some champagne style bottle openings!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Ugh why did I think it was a 7.30 start. I'll be cutting it close (nothing new there for 90% of my races), the warmup will be a sprint from the car with 4 bottles clangging in hand, hold up for a min or so if I ain't there at 7 sharp please :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

This is my poison for tonight. I've never tasted it before and it's 5.5% alcohol. Whatever outside chance I may have had is definitely gone now!!

yaboya1 wrote: »
    This is my poison for tonight. I've never tasted it before and it's 5.5% alcohol. Whatever outside chance I may have had is definitely gone now!!
    The general advice is that you should do a beer mile with a beer that you probably won't ever want to drink again. Sierra Nevada is a fantastic beer!
    Don't worry, the strength won't hit you until 10 minutes after the race. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Aggghh I'll be a DNS tonight I'm afraid. apologies but it is unavoidable. Enjoy it and may the best beer miler win.

Killerz wrote: »
    Aggghh I'll be a DNS tonight I'm afraid. apologies but it is unavoidable. Enjoy it and may the best beer miler win.

Ah feck. I hope I am not on my own in fancy dress :(

menoscemo wrote: »
    Ah feck. I hope I am not on my own in fancy dress :(

listen, don't worry about that. Just make sure you are not the only person puking again ;)

TRR wrote: »
    listen, don't worry about that. Just make sure you are not the only person puking again ;)

Haha, with Ecoli not here this year it's a big possibility. At least this year I have a big hat to puke into ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    Haha, with Ecoli not here this year it's a big possibility. At least this year I have a big hat to puke into ;)
    And an orange sash? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Gah, had I paid more attention to the date, I could of made it to this. Will be in Dublin tomorrow anyway for Arcade Fire. :( Oh well, look forward to reading the action packed race reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Best of luck tonight, beer milers. Have a good race and enjoy the "beer only" cooldown. Looking forward to the reports.

I've arrived at the national beer mile stadium. Things are quiet. Weather conditions perfect. There is also one of the 3 wise men in the long jump pit! I don't know the significance of that but that and the weather could be an indicator that the national record will fall!

On second thoughts that could be the patron saint of beer milers in the sandpit!

Jesus. I'm fcuking awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

TRR wrote: »
    Jesus. I'm fcuking pissed already
    Have fun

TRR hits the first Irish sub 7 beer mile to win again . 5 sub 8s. No pukes. The standard of Irish beer mailing has never been higher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Where's the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Congrats TRRRRRRRRRR raising a glass of Cava to your fine achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Park run CR and National title in the same day. I hope the post race doping procedures were followed to the very highest standard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

ecoli wrote: »
    Park run CR and National title in the same day. I hope the post race doping procedures were followed to the very highest standard

Hmmmm...if there was a sample taken after the beer mile twould be the most alcohol found in a sample since Michelle Smiths....

Advertisement