Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Beer Mile Championships 28/6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Around 9:06 for me, for around 6th place. Had a shocker with the twist off for the first 3 beers. Too smart for my own good. Overall, 39 secs off my PB. In a cinder track, and given the twist off distaster I'll take it, but I think I let myself down a bit. The podium placers were of a different class today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Around 9:06 for me, for around 6th place. Had a shocker with the twist off for the first 3 beers. Too smart for my own good. Overall, 39 secs off my PB. In a cinder track, and given the twist off distaster I'll take it, but I think I let myself down a bit. The podium placers were of a different class today.

No glove then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

ecoli wrote: »
    Park run CR and National title in the same day. I hope the post race doping procedures were followed to the very highest standard

Well, lets just say there was a lot of pre race drink checking. Some were found out. I'll name no names but........ lets just say that the race organiser had something to answer for.:rolleyes:, whoever he was;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Legs are still swimming in lactic here ha.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Legs are still swimming in lactic here ha.

My head is still swimming in lactic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Position|Name|Time|Achievement
    1| TRR|06:56|1st Place
    2| Dublin Runner|07:17|2nd Place
    3| Krusty_Clown|07:41|1st M40
    4| KielyUnusual|07:56|1st Culchie
    5| DogSlySmile|07:57|1st Ultra runner
    6| Chivito550|09:07|First sprinter
    7| Glen|10:14|First race
    8| Timmay|10:19| Fastest lap (61 secs)
    9| Dr Quirky|10:26|National US record on foreign soil
    10| Menosceno|11:14| Fastest Mexican
    11| Yaboya1|11:30|Strongest beer
    12| ChickenBalls|11:40|1st Triathlete
    13| Paul|15:47|Last race

TRR's fine performance ranks him 383rd on the beer mile all time list. Krusty missed out on the top 100 master-list, by just 3 seconds and wishes he had known this before the race. Paul was pipped over the finish line by a basset hound. Krusty is still searching his pockets for the 1st M40 envelope.

Well done all, some stonking results, and some great drinking (during and afterwards!). Will upload the video later today, if nobody has any complaints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Sorry about the size of the images!

The start line of the Irish Beer Mile Championships
    312662.jpg
    312663.jpg
    312664.jpg
    312665.jpg
    312665.jpg
    312666.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Position|Name|Time|Achievement
    1| TRR|06:56|1st Place
    2| Dublin Runner|07:17|2nd Place
    3| Krusty_Clown|07:41|1st M40
    4| KielyUnusual|07:56|1st Culchie
    5| DogSlySmile|07:57|1st Ultra runner
    6| Chivito550|09:07|First sprinter
    7| Glen|10:14|First race
    8| Timmay|10:19| Fastest lap (61 secs)
    9| Dr Quirky|10:26|National US record on foreign soil
    10| Menosceno|11:14| Fastest Mexican
    11| Yaboya1|11:30|Strongest beer
    12| ChickenBalls|11:40|1st Triathlete
    13| Glen's mate|15:47|Last race

TRR's fine performance ranks him 383rd on the beer mile all time list. Krusty missed out on the top 100 master-list, by just 3 seconds and wishes he had known this before the race. Glen's mate was pipped over the finish line by a basset hound. Krusty is still searching his pockets for the 1st M40 envelope.

Well done all, some stonking results, and some great drinking (during and afterwards!). Will upload the video later today, if nobody has any complaints?

Yes, I have a complaint. Dr Q should be disqualified for drinking a pussy beer. not only was it canadian but 330ml. Disgrace. I am claiming 9th place.

Chug chug chug
    312667.jpg
    312668.jpg
    312669.jpg
    312670.jpg
    312671.jpg

Start of the second lap
    312672.jpg
    312673.jpg
    312674.jpg
    312675.jpg
    312676.jpg

• Advertisement

gassy.... so so gassy
    312677.jpg
    312678.jpg
    The patron saint of the Beer Mile
    312679.jpg
    After only 10 minutes of drinking...
    312680.jpg

The patron saint of the Beer Mile
    312679.jpg

Excellent!! Where else would you get it? A holy relic in the long jump pit. Thanks to him, no-one puked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Thank god (or the patron saint of the beer mile) I got my long run in yesterday morning. There's no way I could have done it today after that. Some ridiculously good times there. I don't think people can appreciate how good they actually are until they try it themselves. The last beer I drank was the most disgusting thing I ever tasted! What date is next year's event?? :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Tremendous athletic performances :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Crackin' race and night (sorry for disappearing act, got called away and thought I make it back!)

Disappointed not to go sub 7 but there's always next year. TRR is a fine drinker and athlete but I would have liked to push him harder. Lack of beer training and a bid of inexperience cost me big style!!

Horrendous hangover, made all the more painful by deciding to show up to the track for training this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

@meno - tell me you weren't taking splits :D
    312674.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

TRR's fine performance ranks him 383rd on the beer mile all time list. Krusty missed out on the top 100 master-list, by just 3 seconds and wishes he had known this before the race. Glen's mate was pipped over the finish line by a basset hound. Krusty is still searching his pockets for the 1st M40 envelope.

Don't put the beers in lane 6 next time :rolleyes:

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Don't put the beers in lane 6 next time :rolleyes:
    I know. School-boy error... Second year in a row... Can't teach an old dog new tricks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    @meno - tell me you weren't taking splits :D
    312674.jpg

More like splifs in that get up :)

TbL

• Advertisement

Here's the video, raw and unedited for your viewing pleasure!

Epic video.
    Loved how everyone encouraged Glen's mate for his last beer/lap. Spirit of the beermile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

ha ha that's brilliant. That poor last guy. That took some htfu to keep going although the slagging afterwards if he hadn't wouldn't have been worth it. I'm sure he still got plenty!
    Was he a decent drinker in the pub afterwards?

Well done everybody. Looked like a great race and those girls really took good care of proceedings. Hope you took care of them afterwards:)

Major thanks to Emer and Mrs DSS for stewarding, photos and videos. And also for making sure I didn't cut my hand off post race ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

menoscemo wrote: »
    Major thanks to Emer and Mrs DSS for stewarding, photos and videos. And also for making sure I didn't cut my hand off post race ;)

+1

Can't believe this didn't get more media coverage btw. We had a new Irish record, the first winner to retain his title and a host of other credible achievements :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Looked like so much fun, lovely day for it too :)
    Hope ye all had a good night afterwards, I'm sure there's a few stories there too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Ha ha brilliant. I didn't realise the recording would pick up the sound so well. My highlights are Drquirky telling that barking dog to shut up :). Also myself and dublin runner were using the Podge and rodge bottle opener. It had a little saying each time. Nearly spat my beer out a couple of times when they were telling DR to feck off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Brilliant stuff lads, some difference in the weather in comparison to last year! Great to see El Frothy kept the contents inside this time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Well done lads raging I ended up missing this, :mad: putting work before beer and running will never happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Lads, that looks like it was savage craic. Serious congrats to TRR. Quality (d)runn(k)ing all round.

Between hell and high water, I'll make the next one. Is a Dublin championships still on the cards?

Advertisement