Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Servis Dishwashers. Any good? Thoughts please..

• 19-03-2014 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

http://powercity.ie/?par=45-17-M4012I&pages=1&prod=M4012I&brands=servis&image=

Our Beko dishwasher has given up the ghost unfortunately after only 2 and half years of not huge usage it has to be said, maybe 3/4 times a week. Not draining properly/at all and only washing in cold water. According to a friend in the biz I got out to take a look its control board and pressure switch gone seemingly cost quite a lot to fix so going to get rid and start again. Only 1 year parts and labour was a mistake. :mad: Angry face doesnt cover my feelings about this. Anyway moving swiftly along...

The one above is a very cheap dishwasher which is good but the thing I really love about it is 4 years parts and labour. Yes it'll be noisier and less efficient than a Bosch or big name branhds but the bottom line is its a lot cheaper on initial outlay and a 4 year parts and labour is hard to argue against in particular after being burnt with the Beko one.

So has anyone got one?

Anyone know anything about them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭wytch

As far as I know they come from China and are sold by Shomar in Dublin. The same machine is also sold under other brand names. The only difference is the sticker, they rebrand them in Ireland. The same appliance is also sold under brand names "Thor, Powerpoint, and BQ sell them as E-appliance I think.
    I will attach the energy label for the powerpoint version. You can see it is identical apart from brand and model as the one pictured on the powercity link you posted. Cheap and cheerful appliances. I would think Beko is a better buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

wytch wrote: »
    As far as I know they come from China and are sold by Shomar in Dublin. The same machine is also sold under other brand names. The only difference is the sticker, they rebrand them in Ireland. The same appliance is also sold under brand names "Thor, Powerpoint, and BQ sell them as E-appliance I think.
    I will attach the energy label for the powerpoint version. You can see it is identical apart from brand and model as the one pictured on the powercity link you posted. Cheap and cheerful appliances. I would think Beko is a better buy.

That's gas that Thor is the same machine. They're sellin it in DID for €260 which is €9 cheaper than Powercitys Servis version at €269 but the Servis has a 4year parts and labour where as the Thor only has a 1year parts and labour. Tbh the parts and labour alone sold the Servis machine to me. If it breaks after 4years I think I'll have gotten my money's worth. Great peace of mind that length of a warranty for such a cheap price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Servis was once the leading manufacturer of white goods, based in Walsall in the BRITISH midlands, Servis no longer exists other than by name, which is now used as a generic brand name by cheaper brands, some being from China, but most i come across are East European, they are normally basic but in my opinion a better build quality than Beco.

Servis was once the leading manufacturer of white goods, based in Walsall in the BRITISH midlands, Servis no longer exists other than by name, which is now used as a generic brand name by cheaper brands, some being from China, but most i come across are East European, they are normally basic but in my opinion a better build quality than Beco.

Yeah I presumed they'd be basic but to be fair all I want is it to wash and dry dishes probably 3 times a week.

Not interested in loads of programmes etc.. I want to press go and it does the job.

The more bells and whistles it has the more that can wrong in my mind.

I went in to powercity yesterday and got one. Its being delivered on Saturday. They deliver it, old one taken away and new one fitted for €60.

So all in all I paid €339 = €60 for fitting, delivery €10 and the machine itself was €269

Looking forward to not having to wash my own dishes! Soooo lazy. :p

edit.... ps thanks for your info and thoughts guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Agree totally, i often get customers looking for a recomendation for an appliance, these days i wouldnt recommend anything, i simple advise the customer to buy the cheapest machine that will do the job and the less buttons the better, a warranty in my book is as good as the small print and that normally is in the manufacturers favour. Not sure if i would of parted with €60 for fitting i would of haggled on that, 1 hose connection and 1 hose in a pipe, 5 minutes, childs play.

• Advertisement

Agree totally, i often get customers looking for a recomendation for an appliance, these days i wouldnt recommend anything, i simple advise the customer to buy the cheapest machine that will do the job and the less buttons the better, a warranty in my book is as good as the small print and that normally is in the manufacturers favour. Not sure if i would of parted with €60 for fitting i would of haggled on that, 1 hose connection and 1 hose in a pipe, 5 minutes, childs play.

I'm really not a physical labour type of guy. Office type shall we say. :o

If it was a standalone machine I'd have done it myself as your right it really is just a couple of pipes but this is an intergrate machine and there'll be a bit of heavyish lifting to getting the old one out and the new one in that I really have no interest in having any part of.

Part of that €60 is them taking the old one away as well so its really just making it all as hassle free as possible I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭JASOND29

hi murphy do u mind letting me know how u find the servis dishwasher a day r 2 after u have it as were thinking of getting the brand into our shop down the country how does it compare to your old beko and stuff thanks?

JASOND29 wrote: »
    hi murphy do u mind letting me know how u find the servis dishwasher a day r 2 after u have it as were thinking of getting the brand into our shop down the country how does it compare to your old beko and stuff thanks?

Will do.

what u think murphy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Have a servis integrated M4012INT that just went.

• Advertisement

how long have you got the dishwasher restive ??

JASOND29 wrote: »
    how long have you got the dishwasher restive ??

I completely forgot about this thread sorry. I got my machine and it's goin great for the past few months. Definitely great value for the guarantee you get

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

I had mine over 5 years. Guarantee is for four.

restive wrote: »
    I had mine over 5 years. Guarantee is for four.

On the website for Powercity it said 4 years for mine but they delivered a Servis machine with a digital display, better power/energy rating and a 5 year gaurantee. I said nothing. Seems to be a higher model so happy days.

To be honest if a machine lasted 5 years I'd be happy. Especially in a hard water area like ours. Our last one was just over the 2 year gaurantee which is not good enough imo.

ps just for anyone buying a Servis machine the only downside I've seen from this machine is it doesnt 100% dry the items in the top shelf. Some cups for example might have a little water on top of the bottom of the cup if you know what I mean but nothing that would bother me personally. I just shake it off and put them in the cupboard. But it might annoy some I suppose. It didnt do that on my last machine but that said my last machine packed in after just over 2 years.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Just use a tea towel and quickly wipe across the undersides of the mugs before taking them out.

byte wrote: »
    Just use a tea towel and quickly wipe across the undersides of the mugs before taking them out.

Ah a wee shake and they're grand. But probably not a bad idea if it bugs someone right enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 let there be light

Im thinking of buying a servis dishwasher s/s can you let me know how its going for you now...i know the thread old so any replys be great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭techteacher

looking at this one and still has 4 year warranty can you update if there are any regrets with your purchase..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

i bought the servis dishwasher with the 4 yr guarantee around 5 months ago.wish i hadent.mine is a load of crap.i have to rinse near to washing them completly before putting them in.sometimes i have to 2 or 3 washes before they come out half clean.they never come out dry theres always bits of watever stuck to plate cups and glasses.the top tray for cups keeps collapsing and the seal comes away all the time.i bypassed a bosch for this crap never again.im going back to powercity get the to contact servis

ann0 wrote: »
    i bought the servis dishwasher with the 4 yr guarantee around 5 months ago.wish i hadent.mine is a load of crap.i have to rinse near to washing them completly before putting them in.sometimes i have to 2 or 3 washes before they come out half clean.they never come out dry theres always bits of watever stuck to plate cups and glasses.the top tray for cups keeps collapsing and the seal comes away all the time.i bypassed a bosch for this crap never again.im going back to powercity get the to contact servis

In the interest of balance we had ours since I started this thread 2 years ago and it's still flying it.

No problems whatsoever and I don't pre rinse or add salt or well anything to be honest.

Use it probably about 3 times a week.

• Advertisement

wish mine was like that i ended up with a brand new heap of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

ann0 wrote: »

Just a thought, but did you try the Aldi dishwasher tablets?

Branded ones like Finish are not worth a scutter in our 10 year old Beko. The Aldi ones do a great job every time.

ive tried everything aldi lidl your right about the finish though an expensive load of craparoo.im contacting power city about it get them to talk with servis.i want the machine taken away i dont want another 1.i just want a different machine of the same value.the funny thing is this machine heats up perfectly but even on the extensive wash there is still stuff stuck to everything. everything has to be washed of before going into the dishwasher.and that defeats the purpose.

the repair man called yesterday with a new top basket.they are refusing to fix the door claiming i bent the door.the door is not bent its ofline.they wont repair the seal either there not getting away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 41 yopy

An old forum but more contribution can only help the next person.

I found my Servis dishwasher to be quite bad. The heating element broke and had to be repaired within months and then broke a second time. It doesn't take away any mildly heavy stains. All need a pre scrub.

I wouldn't buy another.

Advertisement