Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Analytics - 2 Domains - 1 Website

Options
  • 19-03-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

I have 2 domains that point to the same website (www.chemdoc.ie and www.chemdoc.co.uk)

The .ie is the main domain and the .co.uk was only setup recently.

The website is contained in the public_html folder of the .ie domain and the public_html folder of the .co.uk domain is symlinked (I think that is the right term) to the .ie's folder.

We are going setting up Googel Analytics on the site in the next few days. I presume I will be able to see the total visitors fine. However, will I be able to see if individual visitors came through the .ie or the .co.uk domain ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

BnB wrote: »
    I have 2 domains that point to the same website (www.chemdoc.ie and www.chemdoc.co.uk)

The .ie is the main domain and the .co.uk was only setup recently.

The website is contained in the public_html folder of the .ie domain and the public_html folder of the .co.uk domain is symlinked (I think that is the right term) to the .ie's folder.

We are going setting up Googel Analytics on the site in the next few days. I presume I will be able to see the total visitors fine. However, will I be able to see if individual visitors came through the .ie or the .co.uk domain ?

Thanks in advance

The short answer and solution: to combine the sites they would have to share the same code. then you can use a filter under the combined view separate the sites via their unique URL's the .ie and .co.uk

C

Advertisement