Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Galway

Options
  • 19-03-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭

Moving to galway in the next month and looking to rent a house. Himself is going to be working in Tuam, galway city and outskirts are looking too expensive so we're looking at Tuam, Claregalway, Headford, Abbeyknockmoy and all surrounding areas.

I sort of know the city and tuam and claregalway just from passing through but I'v no knowledge of the other two towns. We're a young couple, looking for some place quiet, easy commute to tuam and it'd be a bonus to be closer to the city that's why we're thinking claregalway but there seems to be no houses for rent there.

Obviously want to avoid rough areas of any town. A few houses in country meadows in tuam pop up every now and again and they look to be quite well done up inside, what's that estate like?

Few nice houses in headford too and looks to be a very short commute to tuam. What would the commute into galway be like from headford?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭floattuber_lee

i live in a place called glencorrib just north of headford. since the new junction has been put in in galway journey time is about 30 to 40 mins to the university.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

Zapperzy,I know of a house in Corrandulla coming up for Rent in mid April. PM if you want more info.

Naux

Corrandulla is 10miles from Galway City, circa 3 miles from Claregalway, commute time to Tuam would be 20 to 25 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bigfluffycloud

Commute from Headford into Galway city is about 40mins at rush hour, otherwise about 25/30 mins outside of that. Lots going on here in Headford & the commute to Tuam is fine, bit of a windy road going across but nothing too major.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Corrandulla would be handy alright. Just get on to the Headford Road and in the Curraline. The traffic is always moving too.

Advertisement