Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

external intercom panel replacement

Options
  • 19-03-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

I've got a intercom system where the intercom outside the gates isnt working properly anymore. A quick look at the panel shows that the faceplate isnt staying connected to the surface mounted box that is inset in the wall. A multimeter test confirmed that power was still getting to the unit. It appears to be an old unit and cant find much info on it on the web but it looks like this from the same manufacturer:
    http://doorentrydirect.com/fermax-1-way-city-classic-kit-panel-p-9961.html

Pic of existing wiring is attached. There is a separate key panel for opening the electric gates with a manual code. Can i just purchase and install a replacement intercom panel that is wiring compatible or is there anything else i need to be aware of?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try Northwood Technology or REW

Northwood Technology
    56 Nore Road
    Dublin Industrial Estate
    Glasnevin Dublin 11
    Ph 01860 1882

REW (Richmond Electrical Wholesale)
    Unit 17 / 18,
    Finglas Business Centre,
    Jamestown Road,
    Dublin 11
    Tel:01 858 0960